Review of The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: It's Beach Time with Rylie and Ricki by Shari Young

Review of The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow" by Brad W. Blue.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Many things in this world remain hidden and unknown to humanity, often for unknown reasons that could be either good or bad. But Brad Blue's book, The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow, is a children's book that tells us about the mystery of the Eclipsed Herd and the family of the Johnsons.

The story starts with Ben, Lily, and their kids, Unique and Ethan, moving into their new home, and they could feel that adventures awaited them. Ethan, an older brother to Unique, was ten years old. Their parents, Lily and Bennett, and their children decided to go on a picnic, which would become a weekly event if weather conditions were favourable. As events unfolded, Ethan and Unique went impromptu fishing in the small pond in their new countryside home, and while they were doing this, they heard unusual sounds and rushed to inform their parents. Their parents also had similar encounters and shared their experiences, knowing they all had a mystery to uncover in this book titled The Legend of Prism, and this leaves the question of what or who lurks around the forest.

I found The Legend of Prism to be a very simple book to read, and it resonated with me because it explores the importance of family, a concept that readers will understand after reading this book. The book was written with the intent of making comprehension easy for children, and the idea of introducing the roles of the characters Ben, Lily, Ethan, and so on was good. I like the descriptive way the book was written, and the author was able to portray the connection between humans and nature. I did like the amount of moral lessons that could be gained in this book, especially the power of understanding and acceptance and how fear could be conquered.

The only issue I had with the book was the character "Ben" being referred to as "Mark," but this is not enough to not rate this book a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. I also encountered very few errors, proving the book was edited professionally. I recommend this book to adolescent children because it will be easier for them to comprehend the content.

The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edria Dayyinah
Favorite Book: We Were Liars
Currently Reading: Emma
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edria-dayyinah.html
Latest Review: Deadpan by Richard Walter

Post by Edria Dayyinah »

This sounds like an enthralling book for kids and even for the grown woman myself. I’m guessing based on the title that the thing lurking in the forest is a pegasus? I wonder how would the story play out from there
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Through the book cover I guess the family of the Johnsons are horses or unicorns, it will be wonderful for children as they love fantasies.

Return to “Children's Books”