Review of Chasing Tales

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: New Can Be Scary by Joyce Olsen

Review of Chasing Tales

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chasing Tales" by Christine J. Logan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

These days, I have been reading a good number of children’s books. The reason for that, I believe, is solely the wonderful messages these stories share in a fun and engaging way. I have a new children’s book recommendation for all of you, and this one has gone into my list of favorite reads for the year. The book is titled "Chasing Tales: Adventures in Learning" by Christine J. Logan.

This book presents a wonderful collection of three stories that are all beautifully written and illustrated. The first one is about ‘Beany Bear,’ and has six sub-stories within it that all explore Beany’s ability to make new friends. It reflects how Beany’s caring and warm personality pulls toward him all these sweet little friends he makes. He is big and hairy, but never scary! This is the reason why Sherma, the snake, Yoshi, the dog, or even Teeny, the spotted rabbit, and Andy, the little spider, all become Beany’s friends, and together they have a lot of fun. Beany’s also looking for a soul mate; will he find one?

The second story is about Hootie, the owl, who is also Landon’s pet. Through an interactive way that introduces us to Hootie’s and Landon’s friends, the story teaches us a whole lot about owls, such as what they eat, where they sleep, how powerful their eyesight is, how they play, and much more! The author has even included a website of the 'Owl Research Institute' for those interested in knowing more about owls.

The third story is about Rosie, the dog, and her food allergies. Rosie happens to eat a full box of ‘Fruity Toot Cereal,’ but little does she know how allergic she is to it! What follows next is a whole lot of sneezing and something messy. Want to know what happened? Just pick up this book right now! Also, there’s a thoughtful addition about food allergies that can happen to our pets at the end of this story. So do check that out as well.

This was such an amazing read for me. I enjoyed each and every story in this book, and I am sure I will pick up more books written by this author. The full-page illustrations are truly beautiful as well. They are full of color and brightness, and they radiate a kind of positivity out of them. Moreover, the book has interactive elements as well, such as finding berries, counting the number of snakes, looking for the number of fish in the pond, and more. This is something that kids would love, in my opinion. The storytelling is spot-on, and there is nothing to dislike about this book. Thus, considering all the wonderful aspects I mentioned above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Overall, "Chasing Tales: Adventures in Learning" is a delightful book. I believe it will be enjoyed by both children and adults. I learned a lot from it myself and, thus, would recommend it to everyone, especially children in the age group of 4 to 13 years.

Chasing Tales
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Children books are so fun and nice to read. It's a great book because it speaks about little and fun animals.

Return to “Children's Books”