Review of Wise Winston Walks

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: Quizby The Ant by Clinton Black

Review of Wise Winston Walks

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wise Winston Walks" by Jim Trebbien.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Winston the dog is always delighted to create new friendships, hang out with friends, and give assistance to whoever needs it. Today, he is out meeting with various children, answering questions, addressing concerns, and reassuring their convictions. As he encounters one child after another, the readers are presented with a variety of the inner struggles children go through, some of which may never be known to their parents or older adults.

Wise Winston's Walk is a children's story written by Jim Trebbien. I think the most outstanding message of the story is the need to pay more attention to our children and to be more accessible, so we can, all things being equal, be able to know when they are bullied or burdened by something. The thing is, children respond to life's situations in various ways. Some may be open enough to express their concerns, while others may suffer in silence. It gets more risky when children attempt to seek solutions from their peers.

I am impressed by the characterization of Winston. He represents everything good. His wise counsels, positive mindsets, and incredible dexterity in listening to and addressing every issue brought to him are sure to create meaningful impacts in the lives of children. Furthermore, the various issues covered in this story are veritable opportunities for children to better understand themselves, cultivate good manners, and improve their worldviews and relationships with other people (irrespective of their skin color, social status, or religion). Children will get to know that they are not in their situations alone, and they will gain incredible insights from the advice given by Winston.

This book is devoid of grammatical and typographical errors. The story is fluid, educational, and well illustrated. For these reasons and the fact that I didn't dislike anything, I rate Wise Winston's Walk five out of five stars. Readers aged three to eleven should have a great time with this story.

Wise Winston Walks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I love dogs, they act just like Winston, I love how the author made it possible for Winston to be able to have conversations so as to know the struggles of children.

Return to “Children's Books”