Review of Henry Becomes a Superhero for the Planet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: The World According to Lindsey by Paula Gehring-Kevish

Review of Henry Becomes a Superhero for the Planet

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Henry Becomes a Superhero for the Planet" by Mary Wilson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The world is big, and there is much to learn in everyone's lifetime, with the best foundational knowledge learned at a young age. There is a lot to learn about the ecosystem, and Mary Wilson's book Henry Becomes a Superhero for the Planet can help children understand this and more.

Henry lives in a little house on Hollywood Lane and has a little dog, a tiny cat, and a lot of toys. One day, Henry takes a walk near his home and meets the paperboy delivering daily newspapers. His bike tips over, and he is sad that he won't deliver all the papers on time. Henry helps him leave a paper on every doorstep on his side of the street. The paperboy thanks Henry, and they both ride off to school. Henry reads about the ecosystem in school and learns that the weather and climate are different everywhere. He also learns about biomes and wants to go on an adventure to discover what each biome and ecosystem are like. In reading this book, you will learn about his adventure and the vast knowledge he acquired.

I enjoyed reading this book because it was brief and contained a vast amount of knowledge that would be very beneficial to any growing child. This book is an introduction to ecosystems for children, which I find very unique as you can learn about biomes and many more. The book enlightens children about what buffaloes eat. I also liked that sea pollution is talked about in this book. It is also interesting to know that tropical pastures are typically found on the plains of Africa. It is also nice to learn that dinosaur remains were found in the savannas centuries ago, and the idea of adding questions at the end of the book makes for an interactive section.

The only thing that should be improved is the pictures in the book, and considering my likes listed above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I also encountered two uncounted errors, which shows that the editor professionally edited the book. I recommend this book to children from 6 to 11 years of age, as this would be an excellent way to introduce this topic to them.

Henry Becomes a Superhero for the Planet
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Children's Books”