Official Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: Official Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

My children used to love for me to read to them. Books that are easy to understand and remember is loved by smaller children. This book sounds funny and the pictures on the pages sound appealing as a picture book. A book on potatoes sounds far fetched but a hilarious read. Great review!
Kyla Tepe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kyla Tepe »

Such a cute children’s book.
It is about potatoes & how they claim that the banana
Is the fourth potato. The book introduces a few other vegetables & the banana is a main character within the book. Very fun book for kids & great use of different colors.
Jabulile Mahlangu 1
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Esther ekunola
Bookshelf Size: 35
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

Post by Jabulile Mahlangu 1 »

This hilariously pictured book is an exciting read for children. We are introduced to a society of potatoes and a banana that live closely together. The potatoes at night put up a show and amyone who has opened the book will testify as to the humourous nature these potatoes portray. You cant help but get your inner child excited too.

The potatoes during the day like most potatoes we know , take a nap . At night apparently its a blast. Arnie one of the potatoes dances . On the pictures moves from him are portrayed. While Jimmy takes pride in his pants. You can tell Jimmy is that family member that makes it late to every gathering for such reasons. Marvin juggles tomatoes. You can relax on that one, the tomatoes are not alive.

Benny on the other hand is a banana. Who keeps emphasising precisely just that. The relationship in this bowl is as healthy as any other family relationship. Different characters living under one roof and there's always the black sheep. My fellow banana.

This was exciting to watch. The authors use of actual pictures and cartoons at the same time is really smart. It brings life and character to the inanimate objects. A 5 out of 5 star rating from me on this one. The age relevance , picture quality and content is relevant for children.

Return to “Children's Books”