Review of The Icy Cross

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Buikem Kasia
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buikem-kasia.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review of The Icy Cross

Post by Buikem Kasia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Icy Cross" by Peter Bisaillion.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Icy Cross by Peter Bisaillion is a historical fiction written from the viewpoint of Robert Seigneur, a well-known and pious man, as well as the individuals he meets and falls in love with. The dispute between biker gangs over the sale and management of illegal substances was highlighted.

The Quebec Referendum of 1995, the move of the prestigious Montreal Canadiens from the Forum to the then-named Molson Centre, and other events between 1994 and 1996. The book begins with Robert coming to preach for a congregation. The readers are introduced to his personality right away. Grab a copy to see how the story unfolds.

I enjoyed reading this book. It was a great way to learn about history while also entertaining myself. Although the book is fictional, it gave me an idea of how things were during that period. I find it amazing how we live in eras before us through books.

It shows how books are artistic in that way. Because I now have an idea about the past, some things in the present now make sense to me. I enjoyed reading about the biker gangs. It was fascinating to read about. I thought they only existed in movies. To find out that they exist in reality too, was an eye-opener for me. I thank the author for giving me the chance to experience another culture and period.

It was a fascinating experience to read this book. I will be sure to do my research to separate fiction from reality. I found nothing I disliked while reading. I encountered no grammatical errors, showing that it was expertly edited. I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It was expertly written, and comprehension was easy. I didn't feel the length of the book because of how engrossing it was. I recommend this book to lovers of drama, action, and history.

The Icy Cross
View: on Bookshelves
Chandrakant Patel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandrakant-patel.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chandrakant Patel »

"The Icy Cross" by Peter Bisaillion offers a captivating historical fiction narrative, immersing readers in Robert Seigneur's world. The book skillfully combines entertainment with historical insights, shedding light on events like the Quebec Referendum and biker gang conflicts. It serves as a window into the past and enhances understanding of the present.

Return to “Historical Fiction”