Review of Guilty of Stealing His Heart

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Review of Guilty of Stealing His Heart

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" by Nancy Lynn White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Carrie, a five-year-old girl, was placed in an orphanage, the Columbus Female Benevolent Society. She cried out, longing for her mother's return, unable to comprehend why she'd been abandoned in the hands of a stranger. This trauma haunted her for years. Her life's challenges had just begun. She spent 11 years in the orphanage before it burned down. Carrie lived in Columbus with her childhood friend, Ruth. At 21, she married Philipp, a bank owner, finding love and security. She became a respected Christian in society, boosting confidence in Philipp's bank. Unknown to her, Philipp was convicted of robbing the bank and killing Hank, a Pinkerton agent. Her reputation shattered, making trust a distant concept, a painful echo of her parents' betrayal. What lies ahead for Carrie? Would fate ever grant her lasting happiness? Discover Carrie's journey in Guilty of Stealing His Heart.

Nancy Lynn White's Guilty of Stealing His Heart is a historical fiction set between 1844 and 1860, recounting Carrie's journey through love and life.

This remarkable work boasts several distinguishing features. Its opening pages are captivating, sure to enthrall any reader, as they did for me. The story unfolds realistically, with the author vividly describing the weather conditions during pivotal events, anchoring them in time. I formed a deep emotional connection with Carrie, sharing her tears and laughter. The narrative skillfully unveils crucial plot points, keeping me engaged as I delved into Carrie's world and the turning points in her life. Each chapter is thoughtfully titled, enhancing my immersion in the story right up to the end.

This story relies heavily on dialogue, which can slow down the pace, especially in the early parts, leaving me eager to discover what would happen next. However, towards the end, the pace quickened, and I found myself enjoying this change. It became clear why the author chose this pacing approach, and I appreciate it. I didn't find anything to dislike in the book.

The book is professionally edited; I only found a few typos. I give it 5 out of 5 stars because of the valuable lessons it imparts. I recommend it to enthusiasts of historical fiction, realistic fiction, and stories with shifting paces.

Guilty of Stealing His Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sello Carry K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sello Carry K »

Well the book is Good because it looks about the extra mile people are willing to go just because of love.The sacrifices and dedications.I think this is the best book I've ever read
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

Nancy Lynn White's "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" is a compelling historical fiction that immerses readers in Carrie's journey through love and life. The vivid storytelling and realistic portrayal of historical events create a strong emotional connection with the characters, particularly Carrie.
Raseena Zaidi
Currently Reading: Swimming in a Sea of Stars
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Raseena Zaidi »

The book is very amazing and suprizzing life of women are not easy but in this book writer show how a women live dignity if she want love the wording nice book
Joseph Olivia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-olivia.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Joseph Olivia »

Carrie's journey through "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" is indeed captivating, and your review beautifully captures the essence of her story. Your description of the opening pages sets the stage for an engaging read.
mamelvin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mamelvin »

This book is one of a kind. Talking a of a girl who was looking for sense of belonging, family .Its opening pages are captivating, which captures the attention of any reader like me. The author really knows how to describe everything including the weather conditions during events. This creates an emotional bond between the reader and the character Carrie.The narrative skillfully unveils crucial plot points, keeping me engaged as I delved into Carrie's world and the turning points in her life. The chapters in the book are well thought and organised making the story ryhm from the start up to the end.
arpi0
Favorite Book: Artwords
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by arpi0 »

A historical romance novel that tells the story of Carrie Wagner, a young widow who flees from Ohio to California after her husband is accused of robbing a bank and killing an agent. Along the way, she meets Billy, a stowaway boy, and JT Grant, a former detective who has his own secrets. Carrie is drawn to JT, but she is afraid to trust him or anyone else. As they face dangers and mysteries, they also discover the power of love and hope.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

I appreciate the well-structured review. The author's excellent book and its intriguing title have piqued my interest, prompting me to add it to my bookshelf without a doubt.
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

The reviewer's critique stands out for me, appreciating both the well-written review, the rating given, and the recommendation provided. I must emphasize the quality of this piece, thoroughly enjoying the content while reading it.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Guilty of Stealing His Heart" by Nancy Lynn White appears to be a rich historical fiction with Carrie's life at the forefront. The captivating opening, realistic portrayal of events, and the emotional connection established make this book a compelling exploration of love, betrayal, and societal expectations.
Jay Lu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Magi Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-lu.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Jay Lu »

Your review of 'Guilty of Stealing His Heart' by Nancy Lynn White captures the essence of a compelling historical fiction. The book’s ability to engage readers from the beginning and develop a strong emotional connection with the protagonist, Carrie, is notable. Your insight into the pacing and use of dialogue adds depth to the understanding of the novel's structure. It seems like a great recommendation for those who enjoy historical narratives with rich character development.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

I appreciate how "Guilty of Stealing His Heart" intricately weaves together romance and the societal struggles of the 1800s. The vivid setting details truly enhance the characters' journeys, making for a compelling read.

I'll definitely check out this book.
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.

Return to “Historical Fiction”