Review of Life Shattered

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renee S
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Re: Review of Life Shattered

Post by Renee S »

I enjoy uplifting and optimistic narratives. I'm intrigued to explore how a university can support gifted students, the journey to becoming a test pilot for the RCAF, and, most importantly, witness the power of love in overcoming challenges. Your review has provided valuable insights. Thank you! :techie-studyingbrown:
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Mistreatment and abuse by classmates is something very delicate and may be common in many educational institutes. I have known from several close cases how bad things can go. thanks for your review!
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Hi Gerry, the questions you have provided at the beginning of the review says a lot about this book. It seems to be an interesting read for students in schools and as they advance to their careers and more in life. This seems to be a perfect book for me to read. Thanks for the engaging review!
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

Bullying is a sensitive topic. I am happy that so many authors show its effect in their stories. Adults sometimes do not understand what children may suffer in schools, especially with all the social changes that are taking place. It's good to see some positive efforts through the book. Beautifully written review Gerry.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Musliudeen Taiwo
Currently Reading: Passion Struck
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Musliudeen Taiwo »

Thank you for the wonderful review. I appreciate your insights into the historical and romance genres and your recommendations. I find your interest in this particular story quite intriguing and impressive. I believe it would be a valuable addition to your bookshelf.
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Adoka Son: Childhood Memoirs of An African
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Creole »

I work in the education sector, and I see bullying and its adverse effects almost daily. Many times, I have to be part of that supportive community. Thankfully, others were there for Delbert. I will put this book on my 'To Read' list because of your lovely review and the encapsulated subjects.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Creole wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 20:07 I work in the education sector, and I see bullying and its adverse effects almost daily. Many times, I have to be part of that supportive community. Thankfully, others were there for Delbert. I will put this book on my 'To Read' list because of your lovely review and the encapsulated subjects.
As a fellow human being, I thank you for being part of that supportive community. You have the opportunity to support other Delberts. A little bit of encouragement and acknowledgement goes a very long way. More than we know. The author of this book did a great job illustrating that fact. :tiphat:

Return to “Historical Fiction”