Review of Biblical Women of Influence

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: Plan To Profit by Chuck Miller

Review of Biblical Women of Influence

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Biblical Women of Influence" by Brenda Carroll Jarvis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ten stories about women from the Bible are highlighted in Brenda Carroll Jarvis' book, Biblical Women of Influence. The author selected these women to remind women that a woman can make an impact on society, the family, and especially a child.

Let's talk about what is inside this book. Lydia, who supports Paul's mission, is the first story in this book. The woman with blood issues who expressed her faith in Jesus came next. After that, it tells the story of a brave lady who works with her father to rebuild the wall's remains during Nehemiah's time. Plus, Deborah's leadership with Barak makes the story more interesting to read, too. For the next six stories that highlighted the women's strong faith in God, I will let the readers discover them. 

I like that the author includes the most known women in the Bible, though some of them don't have a name like the sinful woman who kisses Jesus' feet. I was also intrigued to know a woman who helped their father build the wall. If I haven't read this book, I haven't appreciated these women who help their nation accomplish the big task, like Jochebed, Noah's wife, or Lydia, to name a few.

The stories can be read by topic, which I also like. The thing that I like least is that the stories aren't arranged from the Old Testament to the New Testament. However, I still rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the first-person narrative, which gives the story a fresh look. While reading this book, I feel like I'm present in their time. Though the stories are very familiar, the author has a good writing style to make them more captivating. The conversation scenarios make the story more relatable and engaging. I recommend this book to anyone who likes Bible stories. 

Biblical Women of Influence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

Return to “Historical Fiction”