Jude Morgan

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natasha_Zlobinsky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Jude Morgan

Post by Natasha_Zlobinsky »

I am very surprised that a search for Jude Morgan or some of his most acclaimed works of Historical fiction cannot be found on a search in this forum. This is why I feel a topic should be opened dedicated to the genius of the author behind that name. I must recommend Symphony, The Taste of Sorrow and An Accomplished Woman to all lovers of historical fiction. He has an very fine gift for bringing historical figures to life and for truly crafting a book around its topic.

"Symphony" is a work about Hector Berlioz the composer of "Symphonie Fantastique" amongst others. A very troubled soul with a whirlwind of images and thoughts in his mind was exactly what was reflected in the book. The chapters also read like movements of a symphony with a beautiful rhythm to the prose. The book was created like a symphony. This was my first introduction to the works of Jude Morgan and had me quite obsessed with his writing.

Has anyone else had such a wonderful experience of reading his books?
Ealasaid
Favorite Author: Unfair To Ask That
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 284">Emily of New Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealasaid.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ealasaid »

I have never read any of this books nor heard of him, honestly. I will check him out. Thanks!
"I dwell in Possibility" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Historical Fiction”