Review of The Man Who Moiled for Gold

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Re: Review of The Man Who Moiled for Gold

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

King Nyebuchi wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 04:43 That's an exceptional review, Omneya! I truly appreciate the level of detail in the summary you provided, as well as your insightful opinion. Your review was truly astounding, and I'm grateful for the effort you put into it. Thank you, Omneya!
Thank you very much, King Nyebuchi, for your encouraging word and amazing comment. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Smrithi Arun wrote: 10 Jul 2023, 12:40 Another exception review, Omneya! You portrayed the book in such good light that I almost decided to pick it up but stopped when I learnt it has a lot of action and violence. Regardless of that, your review was extremely enjoyable to read.
It was an enjoyable book despite the violence in it. I think the violence was inevitable considering the era the book was written in. Thank you so much, Smrithi, for your superb comment and constant support. Your comment made my day.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Amazing and detailed review Omneya! I have like zero knowledge about this topic, so maybe I'll read if it comes my way. Gold mining and the secrets with it will be good to read and I hope the story made his daughter realize his hardships and burdens.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Kavita Shah wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 03:07 Amazing and detailed review Omneya! I have like zero knowledge about this topic, so maybe I'll read if it comes my way. Gold mining and the secrets with it will be good to read and I hope the story made his daughter realize his hardships and burdens.
I was the same, Kavita. I gained new knowledge about more than one topic through this book. I hope you pick it up soon. I'm waiting to hear your thoughts about it. Thanks for this amazing comment!
Rob White.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

It is interesting what you describe about this book, it is not the book that I would choose. However, after reading your review I wouldn't rule it out completely. I enjoyed reading your review, thank you.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems to be a truly inspiring, sad, and beautiful story. I am not usually into historical novels, but your review has intrigued me. Well done expressing the emotions in the book and thoroughly analyzing it 👏 great review 🙂
King Nyebuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-king-nyebuchi.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by King Nyebuchi »

This book is highly captivating and thought-provoking, garnering admiration from readers. I extend my gratitude for the excellent work, Omneya, in skillfully capturing and describing all the essential storylines with great precision. The detailed summary provided valuable insights and contributed to the overall intrigue of the book.
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

The review was beautifully constructed. And I'm glad you enjoyed the book despite the many errors you found. It does seem like an enjoyable book. And the characters are fleshed out excellently too.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

The book sounds really nice to read. You rendered just enough of the plot and your review was fantastic. I'm disappointed in the protagonist's employers though. Giving him the pink slip because of his illness is insensitive.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Never Let Go by Sultan Nasser

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Although I don't read historical fiction, I enjoyed reading the beautifully detailed review and felt such indignation for Charley because of the company's actions. Thank you for your review!
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 22:07 It is interesting what you describe about this book, it is not the book that I would choose. However, after reading your review I wouldn't rule it out completely. I enjoyed reading your review, thank you.
I'm glad you enjoyed reading this review and I'm pleased I managed to convince you to give this book a shot. Thank you for this nice comment, Bettny.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Catalina Isabel wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 03:30 This seems to be a truly inspiring, sad, and beautiful story. I am not usually into historical novels, but your review has intrigued me. Well done expressing the emotions in the book and thoroughly analyzing it 👏 great review 🙂
Thanks for this wonderful comment, Catalina. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

King Nyebuchi wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 14:20 This book is highly captivating and thought-provoking, garnering admiration from readers. I extend my gratitude for the excellent work, Omneya, in skillfully capturing and describing all the essential storylines with great precision. The detailed summary provided valuable insights and contributed to the overall intrigue of the book.
Thank you very much, King Nyebuchi, for your wonderful comment.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Odichimma Okoye wrote: 20 Jul 2023, 19:04 The book sounds really nice to read. You rendered just enough of the plot and your review was fantastic. I'm disappointed in the protagonist's employers though. Giving him the pink slip because of his illness is insensitive.
I agree with you, Odichimma Okoye, about the company's actions, but Charley's way of handling it was very admirable. Thanks for this nice comment. I appreciate it.
Rob White.
Omneya Shakeep
Currently Reading:

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Chinazo Anozie wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 23:56 Although I don't read historical fiction, I enjoyed reading the beautifully detailed review and felt such indignation for Charley because of the company's actions. Thank you for your review!
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Chinazo. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and leaving this nice comment.
Rob White.

Return to “Historical Fiction”