Review of One Hand Two Hearts

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Re: Review of One Hand Two Hearts

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for the wonderful review. This sounds like a great book with many great ideas to live by. It's nice to read about someone that other things besides money are important. I'm glad that his niece chose to know who Jimmy is. I have added this to my list of books to read. I like feel-good and Christian books.
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

One Hand Two Hearts sounds so wholesome compared to most other books presented recently. I understand why the perfect audience would probably follow Christianity, but this also sounds like a great book for anyone who needs to remember how powerful kindness and hope can be. The world needs more people like the main character, someone who shows kindness to everyone, everywhere. Thank you for a great review :)
Deborah Campion
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-campion.html
Latest Review: Bone Necklace by Julia Sullivan

Post by Deborah Campion »

The review teases me into wanting to know about the story within the story, what was in Jimmy's manuscript? Other than that I am not interested in reading the book and probably will not read it.
manoluck lem
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by manoluck lem »

Thanks for the great review. This book is real life situation that goes on everyday in the world. The book sounds like a great book to remind everybody not to judge other of their life situation. Everybody is human and have different situation going on in their life we don’t know and to be kind. Everybody has their own battles and can’t overcome those that easily.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

This story has a good sense of renewal. Indeed, today's world desperately needs more humility, kindness, and simplicity. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. I'll have to look for this book in the future! Congratulations on BOTD.
Zubby23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Zubby23 »

One hand two hearts is an interesting and inspirational book.
Jimmy the main character of the novel proves to be devoted and humble man in whatever he does even as a Christian. He chose the rough and difficult way in life by living in the streets and I guess he did that to understand more about people who lives there.
He is a role model even to his own niece.
Thank you for the review.
Naina1547
Currently Reading: The Mysterious Affairs at Styles
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naina1547.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Naina1547 »

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of this beautiful book. I was feeling down, but reading your review made me smile. You did a great job describing the book's central concept. And you were right, we need to talk about the values mentioned in this book in today's world. I never felt the desire to read a book immediately after reading its review, but now I do.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

In these trying times, what people need now is an act of kindness and love towards them. This will reduce every burden and pressure in the lives of people. Nice review!
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

I like that the book's major themes are kindness and minimalism. Readers can learn a lot and find inspiration from Jimmy's character. I like that Jimmy's character provides many amazing quotes and teachings in the story. I look forward to reading this book. Congratulations on making book of the day!
TebogoM
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-baloyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by TebogoM »

As a Christian am glad the book has Bible quiet And Jimmy sounds like a quiet good individual thanks for the review.
Luis Abelardo Sulbaran Rivero
Currently Reading: Expended
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Luis Abelardo Sulbaran Rivero »

I thought One Hand Two Hearts was an incredibly touching story. It was so moving to see the couple's love for each other shine through despite all the obstacles they faced. It was also inspirational to see how they were able to persevere and find a way to be together in the end. I think this is an important story to tell and I'm glad it was written and shared with the world.
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2322
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

The protagonist in this wholesome story inspires others to keep a low profile with the intention of helping other people. I love how the friendship formed into a family. I'd love to read Jimmy's manuscripts within this novel. Congratulations on the BOTD.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

The main character is an intriguing with lots of characters attached to him. Thanks for this review. Congratulations to the author on winning BOTD.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The story of Jimmy Vansbricken is an inspiring one, I wouldn't make the choice Jimmy made, I would choose riches over any. He is indeed a man with a big heart.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: The Afterlife Experience by Bud Megargee

Post by Zainab Wasif »

I like the themes that this book deals with I.e. the themes of kindness, minimalism and humility. The reviewer has also done an excellent job. Thank you!

Return to “Historical Fiction”