Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I appreciate your analysis of the book's strengths - the compelling redemption narrative, seamless narration, and easily understandable descriptions that make events easy to visualize. Discussing the sense of humor is good insight.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

I was really impressed by George Müller's journey to redemption and religion. Fay's narrative skillfully portrays the complexities of George's transformation, making it a compelling and inspirational read.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like an interesting book. I wanna see how George turned around his life after finding faith in God. Even though it's not somthing I'd usually go for it's seems tempting enough.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Michael Gambo »

Fay provides readers with a moving examination of faith and salvation as she deftly handles George's setbacks and victories. I was captivated and left feeling rather reflective by the story's profound tapestry of conviction and passion.
I believe in something greater than myself.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like an interesting faith centered book with complex characters, however, I think I will skip it for now. Thank you for your review.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

I liked Tom Fay's selection of a title, which foregrounds George's journey to meeting Jesus and transforming his life for the better. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

"Let the Children Come" by Tom Fay is a persuading and fascinating examination of the complexities of growing up, injury, and the flexibility of the human spirit. Through clear description and rich individual improvement, Fay investigates the delicate congruity among dimness and trust, offering a piercing investigation of the presences of those influenced by trouble. With its rough validity and near and dear significance, this unique piece leaves a getting-through impact, assisting us with recalling the power of empathy and the meaning of recovering. Fay's stunning composition and genuine story make "Let the Children Come" a must-examine for anyone searching for a critical comprehension of the human experience.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Novembers by Norman Cristofoli
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

I love books that look on the brighter side with a flashlight of humour. But considering the fact that I am a Hindu, I shall pass the book. This, of course, does not negate that the book is a good guide. You have explained in meticulous detail the strengths of the book. Looking forward to more reviews like this.
Ni_weh_sesh62
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by MMcB »

Thank you for the clear and concise review of "Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay. Historical fiction that contains the death of loved ones and a turning to God can be interesting and instructive. This is one of those types of books but there is also a clear writing style, consecutive events and humor within the pages. This sounds a bit like a coming-of-age story also. I believe this would be a very enjoyable story.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Stolen by Neil Edwin Fountaine
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I love a good redemption story. George's life was passing him by as he continued to act out and make it hard for his father to get him the help he needed. Sometimes people have to learn on their own and want to make a change. George's metamorphosis from a troubled boy to a caring and faithful man is amazing to follow. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

Tom Fay's "Let The Children Come" offers a poignant narrative of George Müller's life, highlighting themes of faith, love, and acceptance of God's will. The novel's uplifting message on the power of prayer and trust in God will resonate deeply with readers.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Stories about religion and a path predetermined by God are not really something I can relate to because I am not a really religious person. But this life-following tale of George is really intriguing, and I'm interested to see if he manages to turn things around or if he sticks to his old habits.
Great review very honest and well written.
Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Neha Panikar »

Seems like a book that covers the struggles of almost every teenage child, but shows an inspirational journey with life getting back on track when the protagonist finds God and religion. It also covers the phases of life with love, death and acceptance. Thankyou for the wonderful review!!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 703
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Let the Children Come” by Tom Fay is a story about George Muller, who became a party guy during his teen years. He wanted to smoke, drink and party. When his mom died from cancer and he was not there for her last breath, he was bitter but he did not change his lifestyle. His father decided that George should go to military school to regiment his life. George wanted to stay in college and party. His attitude began to change when he saw his best friend Beta, also his accomplice in his waywardness, turn to the Bible and become a different person. Beta became a Christian and changed his life. Will George change his life, accept God and become a much different person like his friend Beta? I enjoyed the sample and the official review and it is a book I plan to read. The story brought back many memories of life at the university and belonging to a fraternity. One needs to read the book to learn the changes George will make and if he becomes the son his dad wants him to be. Very good review.
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and thoughtful review of "Let The Children Come: The Life of George Müller" by Tom Fay. It sounds like the book delves into the complexities of George Müller's life with depth and authenticity. Your insights into the narrative structure, character development, and thematic elements provide a comprehensive understanding of the book's strengths and potential areas for improvement. The themes of redemption, faith, and acceptance of God's will seem to resonate strongly throughout the story, offering readers profound lessons and moments of reflection. Your recommendation and four-star rating make a compelling case for exploring this historical fiction piece, and I appreciate your nuanced assessment of its merits. Happy reading, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on this enriching literary journey!

Return to “Historical Fiction”