Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Re: Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

From this review, I can see the influence friends can have on people. Beta, George Müller's best friend seems to have great influence on him. I would recommend "Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay to parents.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

"Let The Children Come: The Life of George Muller" by Tom Fay, had a compelling review from Saint Bruno, thank you. The Amazon sample highlighted the tense teenage years of George, as he and his Father clashed, as so often happens when parents are overly expectant of their children to follow their path in life. The narrative has a philosophical and spiritual component which will appeal to those who enjoy the genre. The themes of resilience and compassion feature strongly, which I found inspiring. A captivating story which I'll enjoy diving into. Congrats on #BOTD.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

It sounds like a book that I would want to read because of the issue it touches on raising wayward children. In this case George Muller and his dad. Thanks for the review.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: The Darkest Gift - Revised edition by Len Handeland
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 142%

Post by Tejas Koli »

This review of "Let The Children Come: The Life of George Müller" by Tom Fay provides insight into the transformative journey of the protagonist, George Müller, as he navigates faith, redemption, and surrender to God's will. The seamless narration, relatable characters, and touches of humor make for an engaging read, despite some heart-wrenching moments. While wishing for more detailed character backstories, the reviewer appreciates the uplifting message of prayer and trust in divine providence. Overall, the book receives a glowing four out of four stars, recommended for those seeking historical fiction with profound spiritual themes. 📚⭐
Munmun Samanta
Favorite Book: A Walk in the Twilight
Currently Reading: Kantara
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-munmun-samanta.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Munmun Samanta »

From the review it seems "Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay is a must read book for the anxious parents as well as wayward children. Faith and guidance can bring back a spoiled heart to sanity. Friends are always there to guide us to the path of good or bad. Beta was George's bad spirit. But when Beta turns to religious path can that light change George?
Let's read the book to know the truth.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

It's intriguing to see George Müller's transformation from a wayward youth to a potential follower of Christ, especially with the influence of his friend Beta. The contrast between George's rebellious lifestyle and his father's perception adds depth to the narrative, making me curious about the challenges he'll face on this spiritual journey. Nice review.
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature, second edition by Chet Shupe

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

Thank you for sharing such a thoughtful and insightful review of "The Reluctant Refugee: Are lingering memories worth retaining?" by George M. Decsy. Your analysis of the book's themes, the author's vulnerability, and the impact of past experiences on shaping one's identity provide a comprehensive understanding of the memoir.
Muqaddas Khan 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Muqaddas Khan 2 »

I have my foot forward because George has a concept of the spiritual world. I wonder how he makes these things happen. I ever like to read such kind of literature. I hope I enjoy the book to the fullest.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Would love to read this story of redemption. I wonder how George will come to know the Lord. Another read for the my weekend. 😍 Congrats for being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay is a compelling story of love, faith, redemption, and total submission to the will of God. The reviewer has tried to highlight the typos, the content, and the author's writing style in an efficient manner. I am happy that this book has been selected for today as the BOTD award.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Optimizing Your Gifts for Career Success by Ronald E Smiley

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I love how, according to your notes, the author was able to infuse humour into the book despite the themes of faith, death etc. I find authors that can create such balance skilled. Also, I find the central theme to be interesting and worth exploring.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Long Way Out by Rand Bishop
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

This book takes readers on a transformative journey from waywardness to faith. Tom Fay crafts a compelling narrative, blending tragedy, humor, and a powerful message of trust in God.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Miracle Man by Dr. Dave Ferruolo

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay is a testament to the transformative power of faith. Through George Müller's story, the author beautifully illustrates the journey from waywardness to spiritual enlightenment, making it a compelling read for anyone seeking inspiration. Congrats on the Botd.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

Thanks for your thorough review of "Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay. The storyline is interesting. I love the title. I think George found peace with God. Congrats on being BOTD.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Love Tree by Elise Abiel

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

The plot seems reminiscent of a classic storyline within the Christian fiction genre. I'm curious to discover George's fate and how his journey unfolds.

Return to “Historical Fiction”