Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Velocious Evolution by Ron Saetermoe

Re: Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Tom Fay's portrayal of George Müller's journey towards faith is both moving and thought-provoking. "Let The Children Come" is a beautifully written testament to the power of God's grace and the possibility of redemption for all who seek it.
Javeria Abu Sufyan
Currently Reading: The Half Book
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javeria-abu-sufyan.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Javeria Abu Sufyan »

"Let the Children Come" by Tom Fay offers a poignant exploration of childhood innocence and the challenges faced by children growing up in difficult circumstances. Fay's storytelling is both heartwarming and thought-provoking, inviting readers to reflect on the importance of nurturing and protecting the youngest members of our society.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

How did Beta's life turnaround for the best? I hope George will be able to change and forsake his old ways of waywardness. I really do hoo that he would accept Jesus just like his friend, Beta. I love the story line. Amazing review.
Jay Lu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Magi Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-lu.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Jay Lu »

Your review of 'Let The Children Come: The Life of George Müller' by Tom Fay brilliantly captures the essence of the book's powerful message of redemption and faith. I appreciate your honest critique on the character development and the way you highlighted the author's ability to balance humor with the novel's more somber themes. It's interesting to see how you relate to the book's portrayal of death as a transitional phase, which adds a profound layer to the reading experience. Your insights have definitely piqued my interest in exploring how the narrative unfolds George Müller's journey.
Kanishka Banga
Favorite Book: Crazy Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanishka-banga.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Kanishka Banga »

"Let The Children Come" by Tom Fay is a captivating exploration of redemption, faith, and transformation. Through the lens of George Müller's life, the author skillfully weaves a narrative that delves into the challenges of forsaking old ways for a new life in Christ. The seamless flow of the author's writing and the lifelike dialogues make the story engaging and easy to follow.
Sankar Guha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sankar-guha.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Sankar Guha »

This book is a fantastic telling of the life of Goerge Muller written in the modern times, this review has made me curious to read the book. The review captured every aspect of the book and highlighted it wonderfully. Amazing review.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Olga Markova »

What a useful and informative review! I sampled the introduction which gave me a broad idea about the focus of this book on faith and religion but your review has enlivened the perspective with the character and lifepath of George. I liked the sample, and I agree that readers interested in faith are the appropriate audience for this interesting biography.
Neha Srivastava 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-srivastava-3.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond
2024 Reading Goal: 120
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Neha Srivastava 3 »

This survey offers a far reaching examination of "Let The Childeren Come: The Existence of George Müller" by Tom Fay. It gives an unmistakable rundown of the plot, character improvement, composing style, and topical components of the book.

The analyst really imparts their satisfaction in the novel, featuring its convincing narrating, consistent portrayal, and advanced characters. They value the creator's utilization of humor to adjust the awful components of the story and laud the real inspiring message and acknowledgment.

The audit likewise recognizes minor issues, like restricted character origin stories and periodic blunders, in any case reasons that they don't degrade altogether from the general nature of the book.

The rating of four out of four stars mirrors the analyst's high respect for the novel and their suggestion for perusers who appreciate verifiable fiction with moving topics.

Generally, this survey successfully catches the qualities of the book while giving smart evaluate, making it enlightening and accommodating for possible perusers.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I wonder if George will join Beta in his new faith or feel betrayed by his best friend. This sounds like a great book. Well done on the review.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

The blend of tragedy and humor in "Let the Children Come" makes it seem like a compelling read. The exploration of an inspiring topic promises both depth and continual opportunities for learning.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

The story of George and Beta has proven that nobody should be written off or given up on because change is the only constant thing. Amazing review!
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

George Muller wanted to live a continuous wayward life, he pretended to have changed when he had his father wanted to send him to a military school. His friend named Beta later changed to a better life. Congrats on the BOTD and a satisfactory review.
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Post by Ika Apro »

Teenagers ofter go through hardships and mental disbalances. George was a teenager who had a tragic past and looks for release in unhealthy activities.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 647
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I am intrigued by George's faith journey and how it turns out. Thank you for the review.
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

Thank you for the review. It's quite challenging for any parent to want the best for their children, only to see them choosing to go the wrong way. I'm glad George got a good chance to truly live right.

Return to “Historical Fiction”