Review of A Court at Constantinople

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: JJ and Frijolito by Victoria Cepeda
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Re: Review of A Court at Constantinople

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of “A Court at Constantinople” by Anthony Earth is a thoughtful and glowing testament to the book’s strengths. The reviewer adeptly captures the essence of the novel’s characters and plot, highlighting the complexities of James Bingham, Rosamund, and Mehmed within the backdrop of Constantinople.
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta

Post by Ram Sahni »

The backbone of the novel is in the lawsuits that are fought in a British courtroom. These instances are a microcosm of the broader cultural and political divisions. Here, we observe that the English judicial system cannot adapt to the local ones, provoking bewilderment, uneasiness, and sometimes even the violation of justice.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 411
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Step into the historic heart of Constantinople in Anthony Earth's 'A Court at Constantinople.' A rich blend of law, justice, and cultural entanglement, this novel navigates the intricate lives of an English lawyer and a Turkish clerk in a city brimming with legal and social challenges. Congratulations on being BOTD!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ridian Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ridian Smith »

Thanks for the great review. Though I'm not much of a fan of law related books, I found this book intriguing. Specially the opening of the book made me curious to know what happened to James. So, I hope to read this book soon.
Jaadugar Yadu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaadugar-yadu.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Jaadugar Yadu »

The narratives of the victim's family intertwine with the court proceedings. The new love of James and Rosamund is challenged because of their divergent national origins. Osman's dilemma about his loyalty to his homeland and the realization of the corruption of the legal system made the plot even more intricate.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Recipe Book for Kids by Lloyd Edward Collins
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Beautiful book that encompass the English mentality in another dimension, such as Turkey. It is the perfect opportunity to discuss law and human rights.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: The Tunnel of Litora Falls by Suzanne A Smith

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review provided insightful information. I'm fascinated by the plot's intricacies, where James, Rosamund, and Mehmed find themselves intertwined in a series of events against the backdrop of a court setting. I can't wait to delve into the book and uncover more about the storyline.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by williams Emerald »

“A Court at Constantinople” takes readers on a captivating journey through law, justice, and human complexity in an exotic setting. Anthony Earth’s masterful storytelling and seamless blend of themes make this a must-read for fans of crime fiction and literary enthusiasts alike.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Contraption by Barton Allen Stewart

Post by Saima Rahman »

An amazing review! I really want to read the book after reading such a beautiful and comprehensive review. Great job and congratulations on BOTD!
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A literary crime fiction story can be found in the book "A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth. The story revolves around James Bingham, who is a lawyer in Turkey.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: Conceptus by Brian Herskowitz

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

A Court at Constantinople by Anthony Earth is described as a captivating tale of law, justice, and human rights set against the vibrant backdrop of historical Turkey. It seems like a fantastic exploration of cultural intersection through the lens of English and Ottoman legal frameworks, perfect for readers who appreciate deep storytelling akin to John Grisham's work. The nuanced portrayal of characters like James Bingham and Mehmed, each navigating their distinct challenges, provides a rich layer of human experience to the legal drama.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by williams Emerald »

I appreciate how the book addresses complex issues like justice and equality while maintaining a gripping narrative.
SinghWolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by SinghWolf »

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed "A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth! It sounds like a fascinating exploration of law, justice, and human rights in a foreign land, with complex and well-developed characters. The author's ability to blend multiple topics and concepts seamlessly is impressive, and I appreciate your recognition of the literary genius that went into crafting this story.

Your commendation of the book's excellent storytelling and delivery, as well as the appropriate use of sexual content, is well-deserved. I'm also glad to hear that the book was free of errors and well-edited.

Your comparison of the book to John Grisham's series is intriguing, and I can see how the legal themes and thrilling plot twists might draw similarities.

Overall, your 5-star rating and recommendation of the book to fans of literary fiction and crime fiction is a testament to the book's impact and value. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights on this compelling story!
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Congrats on BOTD!
Anthony Earth's literary crime novel "A Court at Constantinople" is a gripping read. With James Bingham's rapid involvement with Rosamund, a difficult woman, readers will be interested in learning how he manages things in his new position abroad.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

The way you've written your review is quite impressive. This seems to be an interesting book. Thanks for the detailed review!

Return to “Historical Fiction”