Review of A Court at Constantinople

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kshitija Sonawane
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Re: Review of A Court at Constantinople

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

Reading this review, I think this book gives 'Merchant of Venice' vibes. I believe such a story can be very enjoyable. I am glad such creative works are being added to the world. Congratulations on BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Salome Ogani »

"A Court at Constantinople" is a captivating tale that transports readers to the heart of the Ottoman Empire. Anthony Earth's meticulous research and vivid descriptions bring the setting to life, immersing readers in the intricate world of law, justice, and cultural clashes.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

From the idealistic James Bingham to the conflicted Mehmed, the story expertly weaves their narratives together, exploring themes of equality, human rights, and the complexities of upholding justice in a foreign land.
Asher88
Currently Reading: A Court at Constantinople
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Asher88 »

According to this review, the author of the book wrote a very interesting story. He covered various topics in detail and a good style in story writing. This is a must read book. Very great piece of work.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

This criminal fiction novel addresses issues such as justice, law, equality, human rights, abuse and love. It includes a lot of literary genius. James looks like an appealing character since he is passionate about justice.
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: Developing Resilience by Penny Christian Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

It is amazing how limited words can express so much. I would love to read this amazing book. It has law and order and fight of equality. A topic people have different meaning.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: On Spirits by Dr. Joseph M. Feagan

Post by Merits Anih »

Anthony Earth's "A Court at Constantinople" is a masterpiece of storytelling that seamlessly blends legal intrigue with a rich exploration of cultural clashes and societal norms.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 512
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

The fight for justice is one that is as old as time, even as far back as Cain and Abel. While I am not too keen on reading crime fiction, the rich cultural details have me intrigued. Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Esther ubani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Esther ubani »

I will start by saying, if you are into 19th century book and those kind of setting this is the book for you
It talks about an English lawyer James Bingham in his struggling chambers, he later had to join Her Britannic Majesty’s Supreme Consular Court at Constantinople as a law clerk. This is a historical novel which will take you to the fascinating world of the Ottoman Empire in the mid 19th century. Osman Mehmed is a young Turkish law student and Rosamund Colborne is an outspoken young lady who has shocked her parents on numerous occasions, who he met in his journey in the court. Rosamund elects to pursue Bingham for personal reasons wholly unrelated to romance.
This book is quiet informative and interesting tho it isn't my usual genre but I will give the author a thumbs up
Esther ubani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Esther ubani »

I will start by saying, if you are into 19th century book and those kind of setting this is the book for you
It talks about an English lawyer James Bingham in his struggling chambers, he later had to join Her Britannic Majesty’s Supreme Consular Court at Constantinople as a law clerk. This is a historical novel which will take you to the fascinating world of the Ottoman Empire in the mid 19th century. Osman Mehmed is a young Turkish law student and Rosamund Colborne is an outspoken young lady who has shocked her parents on numerous occasions, who he met in his journey in the court. Rosamund elects to pursue Bingham for personal reasons wholly unrelated to romance.
This book is quiet informative and interesting tho it isn't my usual genre but I will give the author a thumbs up
truekhristian
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Time and Space
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by truekhristian »

Your review of 'A Court at Constantinople' was well written. It captures the essence of what I felt after reading a sample of this book...as it seemed to be well-written. I am happy that you mentioned that the topics explored were done without the author rambling since rambling usually causes me to stop reading a book.
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

The power of the earth is shown in his vivid description of Constantinople. Sights, sounds, and city life’s social dynamic are demonstrated in such a way that readers are able to go back in time. We walk the crowded bazaars, admiring the impressive Ottoman buildings, and feel the heated conflict between the two cultures.
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: the missing checkout girl mystery
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: Grieving Gold by Daniel McDaniel
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 74%

Post by Alida Spies »

It must have been somewhat traumatic for James Bingham to be steamrolled into a job in Constantinople. With no parents or wife to keep him in England, he was the ideal candidate. The book sounds very interesting, with topics such as justice, law, equality, human rights, abuse, and love all being covered. Thank you for your insightful review.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The book explores the nuances of justice, law, and love by juxtaposing two cultures. It is intended for those who enjoy historical fiction and intriguing court cases.
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Pixylations by Joe Laudati

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great review! Your attention to detail and thoughtful analysis make it clear why this book deserves a perfect rating. Well done!

Return to “Historical Fiction”