Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Re: Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Post by Twylla »

Very nice review! I love the storyline of a young woman starting her career as a newspaper reporter in a field typically dominated by men. Things were much different for women in the 1940's! But at the same time,it would have been an exciting time for women, doing jobs they had never done before. I will definitely read this book.
Officialboluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-officialboluwatife.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by Officialboluwatife »

I was carried away by the theme of this book, very attractive. The theme already establish reviewers with what to expect from the book. I will love to know how matter handle her situation between her boss, fiance and Job. Nice review.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

Oh this sounds interesting. I'm not sure how I would have dealt with excessive friendliness from a superior. Thank goodness for HR!
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: Atonement to a Greater God
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccundall2130.html
Latest Review: Should I" Go Walkabout" in Australia by John Timms
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ccundall2130 »

This book sounds incredibly interesting. I love historical fiction, especially WWII era. It sounds like the character has a lot to overcome in a male dominated world. I'm not sure how I feel about a book that leaves so many questions unanswered. However, I'm willing to give it a try!
JaimeAlfonzo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaimealfonzo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JaimeAlfonzo »

A Historical Fiction book between the Nazi and Japanese surrender, who protagonist is a young woman journalist, it seem really interesting to me. In ours times when the movement metoo make us take a look into ourselves; read about the struggle of a young women in the middle 40's to achieve professional reconnaissance, sounds engaging.
joseph withaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by joseph withaka »

I like how Marty is able to handle life after the world war ||,she perfectly portrays the strength of a woman, I would like to read the book though mystery and thrill is not my interest
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

The storyline seems amazing. The character of Marty sounds inspiring. I too would like to know the answers from the author instead of my own conclusions. Congrats on BOTD!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a gripping story. I am glad the author created a realistic picture of how life was during the Second World War. I have added the book to my shelf. Thanks for the incredible review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
AYODEJI OLUWOLE
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AYODEJI OLUWOLE »

Love and sabotage is also a typical illustrations of what is happening in the society today.l love the courage of Marty and encourage every lady to read this interesting novel.
ShiRah185
Currently Reading: Knowing He's There
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirah185.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio by Belle Ami

Post by ShiRah185 »

Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles
by: ShiRah185

The title and cover had me thinking that a relationship had been sabotaged. However, women are still made to chose between keeping their dignity and indulging their superiors. I hope Marty did the right thing for herself.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

When an author writes about what they know, or a time that they've experienced, it always gives the book a dose of realism. Marty seems to be a very relatable character and the fact that she isn't idealized but is shown in the light of the time period she is in lends to that. Unfortunately, I'm not into historical fiction, so I'll be passing on this one. Thanks for the well-written review!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Martha's story is really fascinating. The struggling part of women in those times is worth-reading. Congratulations on BOTD.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
58MugA

Post by 58MugA »

Marty is a representation of all the strong women that have worked during any war. She is earnest, loveable, honest, intelligent, caring and loves her man and country; these attributes are some of the main factors that birth great journalists. She is determined to do what is right and is tenacious enough to pull it off. How can you not be pulled into the story when it shows the character of what makes this country strong, by pursuing what is right. Marty, will not only make anyone that reads this story fall in love with her character but make that "American spirit" take a stand for what is right.
MininaGoldmoon

Post by MininaGoldmoon »

It is good to know that still there is an author who have give importance to history of the past and also in very story of it there is a love story that build behind it.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

The title is already alluring by itself. Love and sabotage? How would I resist this? I also like that it was well written and cut across multiple themes. Great review.
MA

Return to “Historical Fiction”