Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bestbrain333
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 24

Re: Official Review: Love and Sabotage by Martha Tolles

Post by Bestbrain333 »

I really l love historical fiction love and sabotage by Martha Tolles is extraordinary very bold and courageous and really helps to put a stop to tribalism congratulations to BOTD
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

A war time book that has elements of romance and action sounds like an immersive read. I hope the main character is able to ward off her boss's unwanted advances and she is given a fair shot at her job. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Queenyx
Currently Reading: Guidebook of How to Obtain Pureness of Heart Required to Enter Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenyx.html
Latest Review: The Evolutionite Chronicles Book One: Dagger and Shadow Ninja by Timothy Callahan

Post by Queenyx »

A very intriguing and detailed review that serves as an exposition into the life of a woman during the World war. This also depicts the woes many women go through in modern times in their places of work and should serve as a motivation to many women experiencing such. Congrats on BOTD
Yuri Nanze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yuri Nanze »

It a bit of mystery, romance
and the challenge of being a working woman during world war II..The character's courage and confidence is really encouraging..
Robert Salau
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-salau.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Robert Salau »

Interesting book title and cover worth a look at. I'm definitely going to read it
Smangelesmangele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Smangelesmangele »

A very intriguing and detailed review that serves as an exposition into the life of a woman during the World war. This also depicts the woes many women go through in modern times in their places of work and should serve as a motivation to many women experiencing such. Congrats on BOTD
Kelsey Fulton
Favorite Book: Villette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-fulton.html
Latest Review: Man Shark by Gerald Knight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Kelsey Fulton »

A female protagonist trying to prove herself among a world of powerful men is a story that spans generations. The author seems very well-informed on the setting of WWII after Germany fell but while Japan was still fighting. Small details such as rationing gas make this book more natural, and I admire Marty's character already. Thanks for the recommendation!
"Everything is nothing, with a twist." -Kurt Vonnegut
Smangelesmangele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Smangelesmangele »

Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

Reading both the sample and this review I was not sucked in the same way this reviewer was. It’s a shame because this reviewer seems to really like this book.
JaneWanjiru1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JaneWanjiru1 »

From the review I have come to the conclusion that women have come along way in achieving their goals. These are the same struggles we continue to encounter today. Such a good review and am very encouraged to read the book.
sam-4jesus+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-4jesus.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by sam-4jesus+ »

historical novel is always interesting, and at such one with solving of mystery. Great review. And congrats on BOTD
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

Romance during the time of war is my favorite genre to read. From the review, I think that this book is more focused on the circumstances during the war and has very little romance. I am going to pass this one. Congrats BOTD!
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

Romance during the time of war is my favorite genre to read. From the review, I think that this book is more focused on the circumstances during the war and has very little romance. I am going to pass this one. Congrats BOTD!
biblichore_pages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-biblichore-pages.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by biblichore_pages »

From the title the book sounded like a romantic novel but it turned out to be historical fiction. I would love to read it. Nice review.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by FaithMO19 »

Historical fiction with a touch of mystery, thrill and romance and inspiration ? Sounds like an interesting one. I particularly like that this book shows the struggles women had to face back then when men were dominating in a lot of fields. Women should be treated with equal respect anyone would treat a man and even though the war has since been over, I think this is a message that we still have to preach to some people even in these modern times. Thanks for this review. It was insightful

Return to “Historical Fiction”