Official Review: The CLAVIGER by Rayo Scala

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Official Review: The CLAVIGER by Rayo Scala

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The CLAVIGER" by Rayo Scala.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you a person conscious of the ways humans negatively impact the earth and the environment? Or are you a lover of stories of the apocalypse and the extinction of life on the earth? Then, this book titled The Claviger by Rayo Scala is an action-packed book you should read. In just 114 pages, this book traverses the themes of human history, planetary geology, ancient civilizations, religions, and evolution.

FBI agents (Egan Garrett and Kun Kato) were paired with Homeland Security agents (Alma Soto and Talib Bulwa) to uncover the machinations of a mysterious team of advanced, highly trained operators called the Clavigers. Meanwhile, the Clavigers knew that they are being watched, and they are unperturbed. Having allowed the agents to get to know them, they slowly unraveled a plan that threatened the end of all human beings on the planet. What kind of plan could this be, and will the agents be able to do something about it before it is too late? Read up on this book to know more about what the investigators uncovered. Will they fail or succeed in their mission?

Rayo Scala's story plot was gripping and mysterious from the beginning to the end. It takes the reader across the entire lifespan of human civilizations and even farther beyond. The reader will know more about the ancient Sumerian civilizations and the 1991 Gulf Wars. Also, the author's description of the Clavigers' view on humanity was very relatable. An instance is the unconscionable depredations that humans commit against the planet's resources and ecosystem. And our inability to coexist in peace with each other.

I liked that the allure of the book started right from the cover page. The cover page made a foray into the world of special force operators. My favorite scene undoubtedly is the clashes between the Clavigers and the Chinese government and NSA teams. The scenes were well written, and the actions flowed seamlessly into one another. It felt like I was watching an action movie in my mind.

Unfortunately, the ending of the story was anticlimactic, which was the only thing I disliked about the book. Besides that, the book contained several grammatical errors in terms of editing, which showed that it was not well edited. Often, I had to go back over some lines to decipher where a sentence stops. That inadvertently detracted from my reading experience. For this reason, I am rating the book 3 out of 4 stars.

I highly recommend this book to lovers of military espionage, thrillers, and intelligence-gathering novels. Also, lovers of historical fiction will enjoy the book.

The CLAVIGER
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I'd love to find out from this book how humans negatively impact the earth. Great review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”