Review of Redemption Bound

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Review of Redemption Bound

Post by Njokime »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Redemption Bound" by SK Alfstad.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Drug abuse has become a major downfall for many young adults in this generation. It is easy to become a drug addict. Most people run away from their problems by getting high, and they call this coping. Depression and suicide have become a great concern since many people are struggling with mental health issues. Redemption Bound by S.K. Alfstad is a deep story about Beni, a young man fighting drug abuse. Alfstad describes Beni as a character who needs change, but temptation always gets in the way. Beni’s main weakness is Patricia. She drove him crazy, and he could do anything for her, even peddling drugs. Beni struggles to be a father figure to his son and a good husband to Dawn, the wife, but Patricia was always there with her seductive ways. After a while, Beni started thinking of Patricia as a devil in disguise, trying to ruin him.

The song lyrics in this book are what I liked most about it. I like how the lyrics relate to the story, and it helps the reader get immersed. There goes my life, by Kenny Chesney, is a song that I enjoyed listening to. There are so many song lyrics in this book. Some I appreciated, while others were too intense for me to enjoy or relate to. Beni’s story had me in tears. His struggle is real, this is a person who wanted to change but kept backsliding, but he always continued to try. One more thing I liked about this book is the scriptures in it. Most of them are very informative, and I like how the author does not coerce a change in these characters. I have learned a lot just by reading this book. I have learned that our life here is a test, and everyone has their own, and we either pass or fail. God gave humans the power to choose, and therefore, everybody is in control of their own life. If you choose to fail, it is your fault nobody else is to blame.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. The editing is exceptional, with zero errors. The story is motivational and can help people suffering from drug abuse and also individuals who are suicidal.

I highly recommend this book to young adults and adults since they can fully appreciate the intensity of this story. Redemption Bound is a powerful story that had me in tears. I fell in love with Beni’s character.

I award Redemption Bound a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because the editing is professional and the story is astounding.

Redemption Bound
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanchan Bhil
Currently Reading: That Guy What Kill Topsy
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-bhil.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Kanchan Bhil »

Drug abuse is certainly a big issue nowadays. I hope Beni finds his way out of it. I like that this book has some song lyrics into it. I would like to check it out once. Thank you for this great review!
Toby Ronans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toby-ronans.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Toby Ronans »

Drug abuse is certainly a big issue nowadays. I hope Beni finds his way out of it. I like that this book has some song lyrics into it. I would like to check it out once. Thank you for this great review!
Andile Nkuna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Andile Nkuna »

Drug abuse is a strong addiction, it is hard to let go due to the thrill it gives the victim but the man in the story seem charmed by Patricia and she too was his addiction and couldn't let go of her he knew she was bad just like the drugs he used but always went back which is what we can read from the brief summary of the book.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I love when authors discuss pressing societal issues especially those that affect young adults. Thanks for your amazing review.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Drug abuse is one of the big problem facing us this days. I'm happy the author added some song lyrics in the book, this will make one emotional when reading it. Thanks for the review.
S T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-t.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by S T »

Drug abuse has been a topic of contention since long and the complexities of ‘withdrawal symptoms’ has made the process of combating it, even more difficult. I am glad that the author has chosen such a strong and relevant topic. The review is exceptional and highlights the strong points of the novel. The added song lyrics in the book sounds new and interesting and I would surely want to read it soon.
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

Sounds like a powerful book, one that could really help people. I do not know much about drug abuse, so I cannot speak directly to the issue. I do understand vice though, and I imagine this book could be of value to those who struggle with theirs. This was a great, insightful review. Thanks for sharing.
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Since I have lost many friends to suicide and drug addiction, this book sounds like a must read to me. I am also intrigued by the way you say it is easy to fall in love with the characters which gives the impression that the author succeeded in bringing the story to life. Thank you for a wonderful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Toby Ronans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toby-ronans.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Toby Ronans »

The author's writing skills kept me engaged in the incredible story from the beginning to the end. The emotional moment Beni belatedly realizes the evil gossips of Patricia is heart-touching. I enjoyed the story. Heartfelt thanks for the comprehensive review.
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

I have always had an interest in subject of addiction. My Love for memoirs can be satisfied by reading through this. It seems the author takes the spiritual angle of finding redemption out of drugs. it must be a very interesting read.
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

Andile Nkuna wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 03:59 Drug abuse is a strong addiction, it is hard to let go due to the thrill it gives the victim but the man in the story seem charmed by Patricia and she too was his addiction and couldn't let go of her he knew she was bad just like the drugs he used but always went back which is what we can read from the brief summary of the book.
:D :D Interesting.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

Any book that discusses real-life sensitive issues is a must read for me. Sadly, drug abuse affects a lot of our youths today and I applaud the author for addressing this issue. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the great review.
Saniya Mansuri
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saniya-mansuri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Saniya Mansuri »

Drug addiction is the main issue nowadays especially in teens and the reason being not aware of ones emotional self. Great review, we need this kind of books to guide the upcoming generation. 🍀
Lourdes Fernandes
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Lourdes Fernandes »

Drug addiction has become a major issue and it's spoiling the future the young generation. Loved reading this review. Beautifully written

Return to “Historical Fiction”