Review of Loving Leopold

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of Loving Leopold

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loving Leopold" by Diane Coia Ramsay.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Shortly after the death of her parents in a carriage accident, beautiful 19-year-old heiress, Amalie Bouchard, asks to live with her Uncle Edward March until she reaches the age of 21. Henrietta March is not eager for Amalie to move in with them because her beauty will hinder her daughters, Judith and Annabelle's, chances of finding suitable marriage prospects. Amalie easily wins the family over with her kindness, thoughtfulness, and generosity. Amalie remodels Edward March's modest home and builds her Aunt Henrietta a conservatory to repay them for their kindness. After the remodeling is done, Henrietta decides to have a dinner party to show off her home. She invites Leopold Blakeley, a confirmed bachelor who owns a castle in Hertfordshire, England. She thinks he would be a good match for Amalie, who has adamantly stated she will never get married. The dinner party does not go as Henrietta planned when Amalie and Leopold become defensive and rude because they think the other is only interested in their money. Does Amalie adapt to life in London and find true love? Read Loving Leopold by Diane Coia Ramsay to find out.

This romantic historical-fiction book has many outstanding aspects to it. Diane Cola Ramsay has developed the characters so well that I could feel their love, moodiness, jealousy, fear, wealth, and frustrations. She has brought many facts about the historical period forward and revealed their intolerances. For example, men are always in charge of finances, and women do not get pregnant before marriage. On the other hand, she showed tolerance in what was considered an immoral relationship. This book brought out many of my emotions because I understood what each character was going through. I understood Blanche's jealousy of Amalie, and I had to laugh when Mr. March would hide in his study to get away from the women and any chaos in his home.

This book has absolutely no negative aspects. The plot is well written, flows smoothly, and is free of errors. I look forward to reading more about these strong women and their families in the sequels Diane Coia Ramsay is writing.

I gladly give this exceptionally well-edited book 4 out of 4 stars. It would be an injustice to do otherwise.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance or historical-fiction books. There is only mild profanity and no descriptive sexual scenes. I will caution readers that the book does contain lesbian love and minor religious discussions.

Loving Leopold
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

Historical fictions are my favourite! Thanks for such a good review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book will be interesting to read. The characters are surely going to play great roles in this novel. I love family centred fiction. Great review!
Ezrait
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ezrait »

Love the character development from Amalia's aunt.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Kind of books I love and the review made it easier to understand. Thank you.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I love how the virtues of marriage was addressed and his emotions of the characters connect to the reader. Thanks for the review
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love romance a lot, am really going to read this book, thanks for the honest review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”