Review of Operation Destiny

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Operation Destiny

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Operation Destiny" by Dr. Donald J. Lloyd.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Operation Destiny by Donald J. Llyod is a book that tells the story of a man involved in a world-changing experience. It explores the themes of love, revenge, and loyalty.

The book tells the story of Matthew Kane, a one-time army intelligence officer. Due to past activities, he was wanted dead by some set of people. Efforts were made to achieve this, but luckily he survived, and the quest to find out who was involved and why he is a target became his utmost priority. He was admitted to the hospital, and there he enjoyed the companion of a nurse. Ruth Chessman, the nurse in charge of the treatment of Matthew, grew fond of her patient and became a friend. They grew fond of each other and developed mutual attraction that they pursued with high hopes for the future. Knowing who his attacker was and the purpose of the attack was his priority. Read this book to find out more about who instigated this attack and the purpose of this incidence.

I loved that the book explored the depth of each character and their involvement in the storyline. An example is Ruth; she does not have any experience in crime-solving, but she played a huge role in solving the case and apprehending the culprit. Her character taught me to always believe in myself and not limit myself to what others think about me.

Another thing I love in the book is that all the characters were unique and passed across different messages that taught me several important life lessons. For instance, Matthew's character taught me to be determined and never to relent. Even though they encountered obstacles while conducting the investigation, Matthew was focused and determined to catch the culprit. I admired the development of the storyline. Also, the author created a vivid image of each part of the book, thereby making the characters relatable.

The only thing I dislike in the book is the war strategies described in the book. It was a bit complex for someone like me to truly understand what was going on. For instance, when the team members were explaining the roles they played during the war. The description was not simple enough, and I could not grasp the message passed across. The code names and terms were exciting but a bit confusing.

While reading the book, I came across a few errors that did not disturb my reading experience. The book was well edited. Therefore, I rate Operation Destiny 4 out of 4 stars because I found it enlightening and captivating.

I recommend Operation Destiny to people who love crime and action stories. I enjoyed how the author made me fall in love with this genre and broadened my knowledge.

Operation Destiny
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

From the tiles of this book I taught it was a Christian book but from the review it was not and it sounds like a book I would love to read as it is a fast-paced action story and contains thriller. Thanks for such a great review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Immediately I saw that this book has thrillers and actions, I knew I would love it, beautiful review.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

i enjoy books that contain conspiracy and quests to unravel the truth, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Historical Fiction”