Review of RESURRECTION: Blood of the Father, Search for the Son

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review of RESURRECTION: Blood of the Father, Search for the Son

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "RESURRECTION: Blood of the Father, Search for the Son" by Sanford Vanderbilt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In RESURRECTION: Blood of the Father, Search for the Son, Sanford Vanderbilt wrote an intriguing adventure-filled historical fiction. It is a well-written book that leaves the reader in suspense at every turn of the page. In this book, Sanford Vanderbilt provided a new twist to the Christian resurrection story.

The book tells the story of how three adventurous reporters with seemingly different characters went on a mission to find the missing piece of an old Roman map. The piece was needed to aid them in finding the remains of Saint James. This investigation had spanned thousands of years. They have moved from different cities with different attires, and they had various arguments on this mission to get a hit story for the publishing company. They put their lives on the line and passed through so many hurdles in the quest to accomplish their mission. Friendships were formed, and love triangles were created. Did they find answers to their questions? Did they accomplish their mission? Find out by reading this suspense-filled book.

The book has some positive points. Firstly, it was written to favour both the older and younger generations. It was published with facts permitted by the appropriate history. It encompasses today's world filled with love, rage, betrayal and suspense. It expressed the uncertainty of our everyday lives. Though a historical book, it was also garnished with recent inventions and happenings, like smartphones and ethical hacking, to make it relatable to everyone. The story at first seemed disjointed, but it all made sense at the end. The plot twists in the book are very commendable. The author's diction was intentionally simplified to reduce the boredom usually associated with long historical books. I love that the book was not restricted to any religion as facts written therein were entirely based on history.

On the negative side, the book has many sexual and adult related contents that may not be suitable for younger persons. There was also an inadequate interpretation of foreign languages, and that can be confusing to the reader. The foreign words could have been better explained.

The book was exceptionally well edited. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it. However, I give the book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't give the book a lower rating because I found it to be a very interesting and fun read. I deducted one star from the book due to the foreign words that were not adequately explained to the reader. Also, I didn't quite appreciate the many sexual contents in the book.

I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction with surprising endings. Lovers of investigative journalism or reporting will equally find it interesting.

RESURRECTION: Blood of the Father, Search for the Son
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

Every mission is dangerous. To succeed one must endure and put his life on the line. History is all about studying the past events through the eye of the present. I love reading history, such is a nice review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”