Review of Pandemic (in India the title is; The U.S. Pandemic)

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of Pandemic (in India the title is; The U.S. Pandemic)

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pandemic (in India the title is; The U.S. Pandemic)" by Dieter Gartelmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Covid pandemic was unexpected and scary for a lot of people. If someone had told me that there would be a total shutdown of schools, churches, and markets for months before then, I wouldn't have believed it. Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India): How Deadly Can it Get? by Dieter Gartelmann is a fiction novel that details the effects of the Covid pandemic in the US.

Argus E. monitors the situation of the pandemic in the US from his office in Port Blair on South Andaman Island, at the behest of the Indian government. He does so with the aid of a supercomputer that has an AI package. Argus needs to monitor the mood in the US and he thinks it'd be better to approach it from the perspective of families that contribute to an understanding of the population. He begins to follow the activities of both Republicans and Democrats as well as their friends and acquaintances. The book is divided into two parts. The first part focuses on the Trump presidency, while the second part deals with events after the inauguration of the new president. Sue Anne and John Orthallo discuss the pandemic. They then get Dorothy Thompson, a Washington Post reporter, and her husband, Michael, a public health lecturer involved. Grab a copy of this book now to find out what events play out as the virus begins to escalate and public safety is threatened.

This book is amazing. I love how it is organized. The first part details the wrong actions of the Trump presidency and how the actions of his supporters threatened the safety of the entire nation. So, naturally, the problem that needs addressing is the issue of leadership, and that is portrayed well in the book. The second part shows how the new president does things differently and tries to fix problems that have already been set in motion. This is fiction, but it has a very realistic setting and I love it. It felt like I was watching a documentary about the pandemic. The book explores several problems that were faced during the pandemic era and how it were dealt with. There are lots of lessons to be learned from this book. During the pandemic, most people in other countries didn't know what was going on in other countries, especially the US, except for what was being shown on TV or read on social media. This book gives you an idea of the things that played out in the US during the pandemic era.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It contained several thought-provoking themes. These themes include violence, war, political instability, rioting, patriotism, etc. Everything was discussed well and portrayed excellently. Reading this book is like using the supercomputer used by the character, Argus E. You can view everything concerning the pandemic from all angles. You will be able to read about politics and understand it fully well, same with the violence, the health risks, and other things. The author did a fantastic job of developing this story. The book was well-researched. The characters used in the book were well-developed. The scenes were also well-developed. My favorite character in the book is Dorothy Thompson. I love her fearless and patriotic personality.

The book was professionally edited. I only found a few errors that didn't hinder my reading comprehension. The author's writing style is engaging. I'm therefore rating Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India): How Deadly Can it Get? by Dieter Gartelmann 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction.

Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Post by TheGayOne12 »

I'm sure I'd benefit greatly from reading this novel. I will have to give it a try. Thank you for the amazing review!
cutemami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutemami.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by cutemami »

This is exactly the type of book I have been looking for. It would be great if more books like these were in circulation.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I think we need a constant reminder of the coronavirus outbreak, not only to revere our lost loves but to remind ourselves of how far we've come at curbing this outbreak. This book handles that role well.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like that this book was properly organized; this should make it easy to read. Great review.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

The pandemic came strong that many lost their lives to it. This book brings back memories. Thanks for the review

Return to “Historical Fiction”