Review of The Epsilon Papers

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of The Epsilon Papers

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Epsilon Papers" by Bob Nosler.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel back in time and become part of history? Are you a hardy fan of adventure mysteries and political thrillers? Then, Bob Nosler’s 174-page book titled The Epsilon Papers is impeccably tailored for you. The book is a twisting tale of time travel, international corruption, greed, and a thrilling retelling of history. The theme revolves around betrayal and loyalty.

Thirty-four short chapters characterized this book. It begins with the discovery of time travel by a Chinese-American doctor, Dr. Chau Li, with the financial backing of the United States government. Intrigued by the level of government activity in the otherwise dry Pennsboro, the Chinese and Russian governments act on their interest and send agents to find out about this Project Epsilon. A conflict of interest leads to a backlash of backstabbing, kidnapping, and murder. The CIA is deployed in protecting this national treasure of the state, but within its territories, not everyone seems to have a common goal. With the help of Senator Ogden and the special agents, would Dr. Li be able to protect the Epsilon from the wrong forces? Read to find out more.

Bob Nosler is a simple writer who can hold a reader’s attention with a powerful grip on the last page of his book. The story is character-driven and rings thoroughly with suspense. The plot is well-built, and the interactions are practical and relatable. The author also went all out in research to meet up with history’s tale. The book also contained humor and a good amount of charm.

I am a lover of history and its landmarks. This book was my genre, and I enjoyed it. My favorite character is Director Lopez. He was a sensible man who held integrity as a core value. He wasn’t scared or intimidated to call out his friend when he noticed foul play and pursued justice until the end. My favorite scene was at the end when the Leader thought he had finally gotten through history to favor him but was played a fast one. It proved the adage, “karma is a good rewarder.”

This book contained a handful of errors that caused a bit of distraction to my reading. Also, I wouldn’t say I liked the book’s abrupt ending. It felt rushed, like the author ran out of ideas and decided to end it there. Without book two, the ending should have been more conclusive. For the above reasons, I rate The Epsilon Papers 3 out of 4 stars.

I recommend this book to adventure and historical fiction fans. Also, I enjoyed everything about the book except for the abrupt ending and a handful of errors that I noticed.

The Epsilon Papers
View: on Bookshelves
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'm a fan of adventure and historical books, so I should find this interesting. Great review
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

This book has some great elements--time travel, international corruption, and greed. I will have to read it to find out what the Epsilon Papers were all about. Thanks for your review.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

Any book that contains time travel is worth a read from me. Thanks for the review.
cutemami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutemami.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by cutemami »

Time travel is always an intriguing topic for me and knowing the different perspectives of it is always fascinating.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Essy Nma »

Traveling back to history through reading is a good one. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Historical Fiction”