Review of What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today?

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today?

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today?" by Werner Neff.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 18th century was presumably the most revolutionary time for America because it was formed then. A group of brave and wise men, the Founding Fathers, came together with a collective goal of making the United States independent from its colony, Great Britain. But it would not be as easy as it seems. The British were unwilling to relinquish the American territory.

Only after unequivocal and firm stands did the Founding Fathers liberate America from its colony. That was only the beginning. They had to form a set of rules, the first constitution and then a second, to ensure proper governing of the country. In modern America, things have changed. Contemporary leaders are corrupt and racist. Plus, the democracy the Founding Fathers fought hard for is no longer there. Americans are struggling economically, and the gap between the rich and poor is undeniable.

Werner Neff echoes the noble works of the Founding Fathers and compares them to modern-day America. The height of racial prejudice has hiked to the extent of the founding of the Black Lives Matter movement. People of color are massacred by police officers mercilessly. Why the sudden negative changes?

While the discussions are political, the author added some humor. I chuckled at the dialogues between Alexander Hamilton and John Adams. James Madison was not left behind because his sarcastic comments were hilarious. I enjoyed that.

The dialogues happened in the 18th century, yet the author causes them to appear as contemporary as possible. In addition, the vivid descriptions were remarkably presented. I could generate an image of the Founding Fathers drinking some gin and smoking cigars around a fireplace. Again, I loved that.

Political parties have separated people in contemporary America. Supporters of a specific alliance have conflicts of interest with members of another political party. The division among people is still soaring, something the Founding Fathers fought so hard to avoid.

What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today? by Werner Neff is well edited because I found one error. The history lessons I absorbed were immense. In addition, I detected nothing to dislike. Thus, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The book moves swiftly from 18th-century politics to the modern day involving Obama and Trump. There is a comparison between the founding administrations and the contemporary ones. The notable similarity between both remains the issue of racism. Can it be fully resolved? I recommend the work to lovers of American Politics.

What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinemezu Okafor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I am not really fond of American politics it histories, but this book seems educational and interesting. I would read it when I am less busy. Thank you for this review.
Syed hyder Abbas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Syed hyder Abbas »

I think the political leaders are running there country in America but they are growing in economically and financially in the world this the best thing the world seems to United States.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Recently I've been so intrigued by history and politics especially European and American History. This book sounds like it carries alot of educational information.
I would love to read it
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by how the Founding Fathers were able to achieve their goal of liberating the United States from Great Britain.
Congratulations to the author for BOTD!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a unique philosophical historical fiction novel highlighting America's Founding fathers, the road to independence, life principles and how they apply to modern culture. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Midnight Mass
Bookshelf Size: 610
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I'm a bit of a political junkie, so this book appears to be right up my alley. I look forward to seeing how the book compliments the documents upon which the USA was founded. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

From what I have read through the years, the Founding Fathers were themselves no saints. I do not think any human organization, made up of imperfect human beings, can be perfect. But we should, individually and together, keep trying to make things better for the good of all. That said, I am not interested in American politics. My country's alone already baffles me no end.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I thought this might be an interesting way to present the history of the founding of the United States with an addition of fictional conversations between the founding fathers, but it seems more political than anything else, so this is not something I am interested in reading further.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I enjoy reading political books a lot. it won't an easy task for the founding fathers to make the United States independent. Your review is nice.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I'm not really interested in the history of America. The history of the Founding Fathers is a subject I don't know much about, but I don't seek to learn more.
Bisola Adeleke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bisola-adeleke.html
Latest Review: My Brave Face by Heather Simpson

Post by Bisola Adeleke »

This seems like an interesting political book. Congratulations to the author on book of the day.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

What Would The Founding Fathers Tell Us Today? by Werner Neff is a book that details what the founding fathers of America did for it's emancipation compared to their leaders of today. I enjoyed the read.
Pretty Mdladla
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: Quotlogjam of a beautious mind
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretty-mdladla.html
Latest Review: "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND" by Peter Simon Karp
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Pretty Mdladla »

I am not interested in politics yet this book sounds interesting, I enjoy reading about history refering on what is happening now . It's intriguing how Founding Fathers were able to achieve their goal to rescue United States from Great Britain. Thanks for the great review , I would like to get this book for my self. Congratulations to the author on BOTD.
Ochieng Omuodo
Currently Reading: The Intrepid Brotherhood
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-omuodo.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ochieng Omuodo »

Immediately I saw the title I was hooked. I see that Neff addresses the issue of divisive party politics and that's interesting because, unless I'm mistaken, the father’s did not envisage parties. The humour is a welcome bonus.

Return to “Historical Fiction”