Review of Vengeance Red

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Vengeance Red

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Vengeance Red" by R. C. Schulz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fran Rupert was born in the Cold War era in the 1960s. She’s a strong protagonist who thinks men and women should have the same rights. Women were then prohibited from doing numerous things because they were viewed as weak. Fran's mother has often reprimanded her to cease degrading herself and start acting like a proper lady. Her love of and prowess in baseball, her cross-country running abilities, and her zeal for espionage earned her a recommendation from the Central Intelligence Agency. She is the antithesis of what a proper lady should be. She received a job offer from the CIA just before she was set to receive her college degree. Numerous hazardous uphill jobs are part of this employment. Will she succeed in this position? Read this book to learn the answer.

R. C. Schulz's story Vengeance Red depicts how women were perceived during the Cold War era. Fran is a feminist who disregards gender expectations to live her own life. Even when she was shunned by society for acting inappropriately, she continued to live her life on her terms. She objected to being barred from playing baseball. Fran could outplay most of the boys in her class, but she couldn't make the team because she is a woman. Fran wished to participate in a variety of activities in which she excelled, but she was unable to do so due to gender discrimination. This, however, inspired her to continue fighting for gender equality, and she vowed to prove society wrong.

This gender discrimination can be seen in today's world, where women are unable to do certain jobs or achieve certain goals because they believe they are not capable. The author did an excellent job of depicting the lifestyle of the 60s, which can be seen in our world today. This intriguing story demonstrates how women can do and be anything. Fran is a strong female character who I grew to admire as I read the book.

What I loved most about this fascinating story is Fran's aptitude and wit as a CIA spy. It was admirable how effortlessly she tried to finish each mission given to her, no matter how risky it was. Her proficiency with a gun is admirable. She is quite skilled at it and has a vast range of accuracy. I particularly valued the author's thorough explanation of CIA activities because it helped me grasp how they function. As a woman, the story's conclusion gave me a lot to think about. This book has many moral lessons to teach as well as being entertaining.

There is nothing about the book I disliked. The book is professionally edited. I found just three mistakes in it. I must commend the editor of this book on a job well done. The story plot is well-structured, and the language is clear and easy to understand. This novel's fluid writing style added to its flow and pace. I rate the book four out of four stars. The book teaches all women to believe in themselves, to be true, and to be determined to achieve their goals. I recommend this novel to fans of historical fiction as well as individuals who are hesitant to pursue their dreams because of how society perceives them.

Vengeance Red
View: on Bookshelves
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Books like this are an inspiration to me. I enjoy reading about stories of People who won't allow anything pull them down on their sucess journey and I am I will enjoy reading this too. Wonderful review welldone!!!
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I love Books like this. Gender discrimination has turned out, to be the other of the day. because you are a woman, there are certain jobs,u can't apply for. stories of people who won't allow gender discrimination to pull them back are an inspiration for me. nice review
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This is a captivating book and your review is simple and understandable nice review.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Historical books are my favorite kind of book. I hope this book contain the much impactful lessons I usually get from historical books. Would love to read this book to find out.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

I feel inspired by just reading your review and would definitely read this book. I like how she did whatever she wanted without regard for what the society will think of her.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

This kind of literature inspires me. I like reading about people that don't let anything stop them from achieving success, so I know I'll like reading this as well. Fantastic review, nicely done!
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

It’s inspiring to see people go against the norms of society in other to rewrite their own story that is solely based on their passion. Great book
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Wonderful and inspiring indeed. Thank you for reviewing this book!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I must say that this book will be interesting from the review. I like seeing strong women who fight for survival by all means. I will read the book. Great review.
Jeffery Gary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffery-gary.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Jeffery Gary »

This is a descriptive review which I admire and also appreciate the effort invested in it. The plot of this book seems to catch my interest and I look forward to learning more about the strong woman who fights for survival.
Arizonajack81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arizonajack81.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Arizonajack81 »

Dang, that sounds like quite an inspiring story, based on our American history not too long ago. Adding to my bookshelf! :geek2:
Chinasa Deborah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinasa-deborah.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chinasa Deborah »

I adore historical literature, whether it be fiction or nonfiction. The book instils in all women a sense of self-belief, authenticity, and resolve to succeed. What a great review!
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

I always love women like Fran would live to stand for what they believe in, its maddening. I really hope a lot of women can be like her.

Return to “Historical Fiction”