The Bride's Prpoposition by Day Leclaire

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
akhreader
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akhreader.html

The Bride's Prpoposition by Day Leclaire

Post by akhreader »

This is one of the most unusual romances I have ever read. It has a superhot hero, a beautiful heroine, and a cunningly manipulative bad guy. These are the ingredients we find in a typical romance novel. Oh and I almost forgot the misunderstanding where the two main characters have a huge fight over a misunderstanding of some sort due to something set up by the bad guy .. well folks this just does not happen. I was reading this on my kindle and kept waiting for the inevitable to happen. Nothing. Instead the two remained loyal to the very end and thats what made this book unique. Loved it. It just goes to show how important the writing style is for any book. The author wrote the characters out to be funny, endearing, smart, passionate and witty. The hero Stefano and the heroine Penelope both owners of their own companies. Due to the involvement of a third company, owned by the bad guy, Stefano has been framed for fraud. So when the story starts, Stefano is the black sheep in town. In walks Penelope to the rescue. Her office faces his office across the street and she makes a proposition that he cannot refuse. Marry her and his good name will be restored. Does he agree to this insane offer? Not at first but eventually yes. So they start a romance to show the public how good they are together and the courtship is hilarious. Penelope is the logic behind the more passionate Stefano. They are polar opposites trying to convince society and rivals that they are in love. What does Penelope get out of this marriage of convenience ? That my friend is why you need to read this book ! Having said that, I guarentee you will not regret how interesting and funny this book is.
Sarah-Ann
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sarah-Ann »

Good review! Sounds interesting! Love the ending of your review...What does Penelope get out of this marriage of convenience ? That my friend is why you need to read this book...VERY CLEVER!!!

Return to “Historical Fiction”