Review of Pericles and Aspasia

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Re: Review of Pericles and Aspasia

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

This is indeed a masterpiece by the author. I love how the author was able to encompass many emotions into the book. Congrats on getting the BOTD.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Noble Chibuye
Currently Reading: You Made It Up, Now Stop Believing It
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Noble Chibuye »

Well thanks for your review am looking forward to read this book, and I would love to read what led to such a wonderful statement for one to write these words you’ve highlighted for me to take note

“(you can almost always turn a loss into a win." My favorite life lesson in this book is "the man working only for himself is working against the rest.")”

Am hooked to the point I want to start reading now
Shahbaz999
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shahbaz999 »

"Pericles and Aspasia" is a captivating historical novel written by Walter Savage Landor. The book, which was published in 1836, explores the relationships and lives of Pericles and Aspasia, the legendary statesman and general of Athens. In order to paint a realistic picture of ancient Athens during its golden age, Landor's book deftly combines historically accurate details with fictionalised parts. Readers interested in ancient Greece will enjoy the immersive experience made possible by the author's careful study and attention to detail. The fascinating characterization in "Pericles and Aspasia" is one of its noteworthy features. By accurately depicting their characters and their nuanced connection, Landor brings Pericles and Aspasia to life. According to the portrayal of Pericles, he is a knowledgeable and visionary leader whose love for Aspasia is entwined with his political aspirations.

Return to “Historical Fiction”