The Hanover Square Affair: By Ashley Gardner

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
K Venne
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-venne.html

The Hanover Square Affair: By Ashley Gardner

Post by K Venne »

This book is part of a mystery series set in the early 1800’s London about Captain Gabriel Lacey, a disgraced captain from the Napoleon Army who’s honourable intentions get himself into all kinds of trouble.

When a young lady and her friend are abducted from their carriage and have possibly been sold into the sex trade, Captain Lacey takes it upon himself to find out the whereabouts of these two girls and discovers a gruesome murder along the way.

With the help of a gentleman with a life of leisure who’s looking for adventure, they uncover all sorts of questionable characters that leave them with more questions than answers.

The story has Lacey struggle with justice, morals, depression, stubbornness and compassion.

The characters are well thought out, and give lots of life to this story. Considering that this is a story about murder and abduction, I found it to be a light and quick read. It’s a definite page-turner that I would recommend. I’m looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

Return to “Historical Fiction”