Review of Rogue Flight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Review of Rogue Flight

Post by David Chijindu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rogue Flight" by Fritz Wintle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The security of everyone is essential. If we want to be secured, we must put certain things in place. The goal of securing society is to ensure no one lives in fear. This book promotes quality security. The author uses the story in the aviation sector to show how proper security can be achieved. One of the ways to promote good security is cooperation and teamwork.

Rogue Flight: A Novel of World War One Aviation by Fritz Wintle is a book on the battle in the sky. The sky was under attack by the enemies. Major General David Caddell gathered a group of professional pilots and warriors who would rescue the sky from enemies. The group was known as the Royal Flying Crops and had experienced personnel such as John Singh-Smythe, Dick Watson, Adrian Wentworth and Herbert Rhys Jones. The group of pilots Major General David Caddell organised must work together to ensure the mission was successful. The pilots must know how to move the jets, and the warriors must know how to operate any weapon they are given. Read the book to find out more.

I like some aspects of the book. I love how the author used the book to encourage teamwork. Major General David Caddell called different groups of aviation sectors to secure the sky from enemies. It shows teamwork is vital in anything we do in life. Teamwork brings cooperation among people. The book has an excellent organisation. The author separates the book into eleven chapters.

I did not like some aspects of the book. The author made a few errors in the book. The book has some grammatical and punctuation errors. I want the author to correct the punctuation and grammatical mistakes I found in the book. The author uses many characters in the book. A book of 285 pages has over 11 characters. I found it difficult to remember all the author's characters in the book.

The book was interesting. My favourite characters in the piece were Captain Harry Lougham and Major General David Caddell. The role of Major General David Caddell shows the importance of good leadership. I found a few errors in the book, so it is professionally well-edited. Due to the aspects of the book I did not like, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars and recommend it to anyone who wants to read an action book on the war in the sky.

Rogue Flight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I like how you stated that the goal of security is so that no one lives in fear. However I think one cannot eradicate fear as insecurity is just one of the forms or causes of fear. Our fears are also brought on by a wide range of other factors.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I agree with you that everyone's security is essential. The book seems to have an interesting plot and is action-packed. This is my type of book and I lol forward to reading.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

I like the fact that the book is based on how to build human capability through teamwork in achieving goals. It will be a good read for leaders. Well-written review.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Security is essential, and I love how the author told the story. All the pilots and everyone involved in saving the sky must work together. Cooperation is indeed essential to achieve success. Nice review!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I agree with the author that one of he best ways to an efficient security is through cooperation and teamwork. The boom seems to have an interesting plot and I look forward to reading it. Well done
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

This sounds like an action-packed story. I love historical fiction generally because they give information and induce tension which makes an engaging reading experience.

Return to “Historical Fiction”