Review of Ponderosa Pines

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Review of Ponderosa Pines

Post by Azuka Jessica »

This book mirrored the event of the forest fire of 1959. I'll love to know more about that disaster and see how people survived through it. Amazing review.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I wonder what the victims would pass through during this fire incidence. I can feel their pains and experiences. You must have done well in writing this review. Weldone.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

I can only imagine the tension they all felt while waiting fir the evacuation notice and the knowledge that the man of the house is also battling with the fire outbreak. It pays to be calm even in the eye of the storm, in this case fire outbreak. Great review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I agree with you that different people react in different ways when faced with perilous situations. Most time the mode determines the person's actions. Good job.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Ponderosa Pines: Days of the Deadwood Forest Fire by Annette Gagliardi is a book thatcjust makes you wonder. How does one maintain composure in a tough situation?
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

I don't understand this review. But the little I got is that man acts differently when faced with different situation and the way you acts will likely determine who you are.

Return to “Historical Fiction”