Review of The Silver Setup

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Don Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-don-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of The Silver Setup

Post by Chris Don Nwaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Silver Setup" by Richard Blaine.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Richard Blaine's book The Silver Setup is really intriguing. The subject of the tale was Mr. Stevens, who had not been seen for two nights when his wife, Mrs. Stevens, reported him missing. He called his wife to let her know he wouldn't be home for dinner before he vanished. He was a very well-known and respected man in Lancaster, so when his wife started to worry, she asked Mr. Michael Gerrette, a private investigator, to help look for him. She didn't want the police to get involved because she didn't want the community to know he was missing. Mr. Gerrette informed the staff that he was looking into an insurance claim involving some missing equipment. As the investigation continued, more offenses were committed. Did Mr. Stevens come back alive? Who was responsible for his abduction? Learn more by reading this page-turning book.

I was captivated by the book as I read to learn what happened to the missing man. This tale has a great deal of appeal. Because of the author's talent, I had a hard time putting the book down. As I began, the book attracted my curiosity. When I kept scrolling to see what happened next, I was engrossed. Everyone would love to have an investigator like Mr. Gerrette. Mr. Gerrette was adamant about finding the source of the issue. There is a lot of suspense throughout the book. The investigation's final findings absolutely astounded me because they went above and beyond what I had anticipated. In fact, it's unique. I've learned by reading this book that not everything is as it seems, such as the saying "all that glitters is not gold."

My favorite character in this novel is Mr. Gerrette. I admire how passionately and diligently he goes about his work, treating each case as his own and unearthing all the previously unrevealed secrets. He was determined to discover the truth in all things, even as he felt Mrs. Steven wasn't telling him the complete story. This book has taught me so many things, among them the value of perseverance. I have to admit that when I picked up the book, I didn't have high hopes for it. Nobody wants to miss out on the book's conclusion. It didn't just make me happy; it also gave me an important lesson. And it demonstrates the author's strong creative talent. 

There is nothing to dislike about this book. In this book, the author expertly weaves suspense, emotion, and action together. I would appreciate it if this book were made into a movie so that those who cannot read could watch and learn from it. I applaud the author for his imaginative work. I must thank the editor for a job well done because the book is error-free, indicating that it was meticulously edited. If you ask me to name this book, I'll say "Trust No One."

Because it has deepened my comprehension of so many subjects and is packed with valuable lessons, I rate this book five out of five stars. I advise everyone to read this book, but I think young readers will particularly enjoy and learn from it.

The Silver Setup
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I think this will be a great read. Sometimes relatives of missing people withhold details about the missing person to avoid embarrassment; both theirs and that of the missing. It seems like Mr. Gerrette understood that.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I enjoyed your review it gives a glimpse into the book and I look forward to reading this book. Well done.
Jaco Du Plooy
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaco-du-plooy.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Jaco Du Plooy »

Your review display some talent of your own Chris. I will definitely read this book because of your review, thank you. I love books that leaves you "different" from what you were. They tend to stay with you.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Why is Mr. Stevens missing and why do his wife want to hide his missing from the community. The book sure has a suspenseful pot and I look forward to reading it.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love books with interesting twists. They have a way of keeping the readers reeled in. Who kidnapped Mr. Steven and why? What has Mr. Steven gotten himself to before the incident? I’m curious to know . Well-Written review!
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

This book seems to have a lot of twists and turns judging by how Mr. Stevens got missing and how his wife involved a private investigator named Gerrette.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

I enjoyed the review and I'm intrigued by the storyline. I will like to read the mysteries Mr. Gerrette discovered in his investigation
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

One of these things I want to know more about is Mr. Steven and why. This will motivate me to read this book. Good job.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I enjoy investigative books. The plot is suspenseful and intriguing, I will like to read this book. Wonderful review, well done.

Return to “Historical Fiction”