Review of Coming Full Circle

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of Coming Full Circle

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Coming Full Circle" by Budd Titlow.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Man has evolved beyond measure, but the question of evolution is whether we are evolving for our own betterment or destruction. Coming Full Circle by Budd Titlow and Mariah Tinger emphasizes the environmental problem that affects the world but is treated with less significance. It starts with the story of a certain boy named Strong Bow and his affinity for nature, which he acquired from his father, True Arrow. This dates back to the primitive age when man depended solely on nature's bounty to survive. It trails off to the story of Thaddeus Adams, another lover of nature who camped in the mountains for days on a regular basis. Thaddeus's affinity for nature left him wandering in the wild, but this changes when he sets eyes on Minerva Graham. Who would have known that Thaddeus would actually settle down for a while? But would he be able to stay like this forever, now that he is married to Minerva? Grab a copy to read more.  

I was glued to the book as I discovered that the plot revolves around the problem of environmental degradation and even offers solutions for how to solve it. It starts from the primitive age, when man hunted to survive, and runs off into the future. The authors employed facts in narrating this fictional book. I really enjoyed this part and would always surf the internet to confirm these facts. The major themes employed in this book were nature and politics. It was told from the third person's point of view.  

The descriptions were fascinating but employed some form of confusion, and I had to reread some contexts to fully understand them. The way the book was structured, coupled with its extensive length, made the book difficult to read. The pace of the book was relatively slow, which made it difficult to read, considering the fact that the authors' plot followed a structured and predictable path. The book discusses a generation of environmental activists and nature lovers. I felt that there was no need for such a prolonged discussion of Thaddeus's generation because I even grasped the message intended to be passed when I read to the point of his second generation's story. And the book became predictable because his generation seemed to follow the same path. I did not like how some characters were just displaced, like Ethan, Caleb's brother, who went on the same expedition but chose a different path.  

This book needs another round of editing as I discovered some errors, and I would rate this book three out of five stars due to the aforementioned shortcomings. It contained a slight use of profane words but absolutely zero sexual content.  

Since the theme revolves around nature, some form of politics, and environmental degradation as caused by man, I would recommend it to fans of politics, nature lovers, adventurists, and environmental scientists because of some proven facts that I discovered while reading.

Coming Full Circle
View: on Bookshelves
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I wonder what life looked like for the primitive man. The world has revolved so much and technology has almost taking over the world, but everything comes with a price and I'm sure we're soon paying the price. This review was superb.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Man has evolved truly but it's a pity that the evolvement has its negative and positive sides. One of its negative sides is the issue of global warming. Wonderful review well done.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

Man has changed so extensively though both positively and negatively. This is a nice review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

It is dishearten that men are evolving for their destruction. I must say that this book has a lot to teach the readers. I will give it a try. Good job.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

This seems like another book that talks about the disadvantages of man's advancement. And I agree with the authors that the advancement of man has a negative impact that everyone is keeping a blind eye to. I would love to know what Strong Bow and Thaddeus Adams' story have in store for the reader. 
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

That’s a huge question right there. And the honest answer right there in this generation is that human are evolving more for destruction. Nice review!
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

It is good to see a book that talks about the environment and its safety. It is when we have a safe environment that other activities can go on without itches. I love books that discuss nature. Nice review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I feel like I will enjoy Thaddeus' character in this book since one of my friends call me jungle girl. I hope that Minerva still supports him through his love for wandering in the wild. Your review is wonderful!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s almost impossible for us to be able to predict with certainty what will happen o the environment in the future. Even though things seem to be going in one way, there is no guarantee they will continue.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The environment is very delicate and should be treasured. "Coming Full Circle" by Budd Titlow is a book that details people live for the environment. Great book!
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I'm intrigued by the ideas behind the book but I'm a little hesitant to oick it up given how confusing it sounds according to this review.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

Coming full circle is surely an interesting read. Man is constantly an evolving being. In like manner does our environment change. We truly cannot tell how our environment would turn out tomorrow. Nice review.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I can't imagine what life will be like when a man depended solely on nature's bounty to survive. Great review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

It's encouraging to read a book that discusses environmental safety. The only time other activities can continue without itching is when we have a secure environment. I adore reading books about nature. Good book.

Return to “Historical Fiction”