Review of Two Faces of the World

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Review of Two Faces of the World

Post by Medina Fedrick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Two Faces of the World" by Dilobar Ortiqova.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dalir woke up from his taunting dream, consumed by cold sweats. He lived in Sunrose Village with his sister, Leah, who was the only family he had after they lost their parents twelve years ago. She was pregnant and lived with her husband in the same village. On the day she was to give birth, a great tragedy struck the village and its inhabitants; Dalir would never forget that day. On the other hand, Isabelle was to be married to Leon Ulyses for political reasons. Their marriage was orchestrated by the King of Incitydoor, Arawn Layland, and her father, Tomaso Layland. Leon was the Centenarian king, and after their union, that would make Isabelle the queen. But Isabelle loathed the Centenarians (the immortals) for the pain they caused her in the past and the loved ones they took from her. Despite this, she had no choice in the matter; her marriage to the Centenarian King was set in stone by her uncle, the King of Incitydoor. Will Isabelle be able to live with and learn to love her enemy? What tragedy befell the people of Sunrose Village? And how do these stories intertwine? Read Two Faces of the World: The Seeds of War by Dilobar Ortiqova to find out.

I like how the author introduced different stories and related them uniquely. I loved the part where Isabelle's story was told the most. The themes in this book were magic, betrayal (which spoke volumes), trust, friendship, loyalty, love, etc. The characters were timely introduced, each with a significant role to play. The descriptions were vivid and brought the characters to life. This book evoked emotions in me, and I was able to share the characters' feelings of joy, terror, sadness, and happiness. The part where Amare was terrified by the voices she heard in the dark and went out on her own to identify and locate the source of the sound was terrifying. I was praying in my heart for her safety during this period. 

I have nothing to dislike about this book; the author narrated this work of historical fiction with so much expertise that only extensive research could have brought it to reality. Although the story is fictional, the characters felt real, and it felt like I was reading about a past event that happened a long time ago. The story's conclusion was not satisfying, but I believe the author did this with plans to bring out another installment of the book. 

This book needs another round of editing, as I discovered up to ten errors while reading and would rate it four out of five stars for this reason. If these errors are corrected, I will gladly give this book the perfect five-star rating that it deserves.

Fans of historical fiction, magic, and action thrillers would enjoy this book, as these themes and genres speak volumes in it. There was no form of sexual or adult content, and therefore, this book is appropriate for young adults and teenagers.

Two Faces of the World
View: on Bookshelves
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

Great review. I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work.
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

Your positive comments on the author's storytelling skills, character development, and vivid descriptions have convinced me to add this book to my reading list.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Geofrey Kebira
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geofrey-kebira.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Geofrey Kebira »

Your review is well detailed. Looking forward to having a good time reading this book.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is a beautiful book and I can already tell because I love reading magic books. I would love to check it out.

Return to “Historical Fiction”