Review of A Court at Constantinople

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Garryrd
Currently Reading: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 7

Re: Review of A Court at Constantinople

Post by Garryrd »

:tiphat: It's amazing to have a review on such a nice passionate law, equality and justice
I've found no faults at all it's funny that Rosamund brings trouble but seek equality that tells that she was very brave enough
Thank you
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: America's Election Handbook 2024 by Charles Patton

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

James Bingham's 'Constantinople' is a gripping tale of love, ambition, and cultural clash. His depiction of life in a foreign land is both immersive and enlightening. I was captivated by the intertwining fates of James, Rosamund, and Mehmed as they navigate the complexities of law and justice.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Michael Gambo »

The interplay of characters like James Bingham and Mehmed against the rich tapestry of historical and cultural contexts paints a vivid picture of the era. It's intriguing to think about how the open-ended conclusion adds layers of complexity.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book is a masterfully crafted novel that intricately weaves together themes of justice, law, equality, and love in the vibrant setting of Constantinople. Through the compelling characters of James Bingham, Rosamund, and Mehmed, the author explores complex issues while keeping the reader engaged and intrigued. Congrats on BOTD.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 639
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This seems like a crime fiction novel worth reading. I have added it to my reading list. Thank you for the review.
Bithiah
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Mitzi Perdue
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bithiah.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
fav_author_id: 240516

Post by Bithiah »

First and foremost, I appreciate the review and how well it is written. The reviewer praised this work as containing a great deal of literary genius that deserves to be recognized. In slightly over 300 pages, the story covers topics such as justice, law, equality, human rights, abuse, and love. So I'm excited to read this book after reading such a positive review. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 138%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth follows English lawyer James Bingham as he navigates his new job in Turkey, encountering challenges and unexpected connections along the way. The novel delves into themes of justice, law, equality, and love in a succinct yet engaging manner. Earth's adept storytelling seamlessly weaves together complex concepts and characters, reminiscent of John Grisham's work. With minimal flaws in storytelling and delivery, I highly recommend it to fans of literary fiction, particularly crime fiction enthusiasts.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Mindset for health by Tdachi Deni Whiting

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I love to read about how people surmount challenges and this is one of them. How does James overcome his loneliness and his sombre circumstances? How does he proceed to a better life? And then Rosamund comes in—a twist about love. It sounds interesting.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gone With the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

"A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth is a political fiction book that focuses on law, love, and justice. I'm glad Rosamund, James, and Mehmed have the courage to fight for love and justice. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The reviewer's praise for the author's storytelling skills is compelling. The seamless blend of various themes like justice, law, and love within a concise page count is commendable. The mention of the book's readability and absence of flaws makes it even more enticing as a potential read.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Chad Anthony »

This review does an excellent job of capturing the essence of the book's plot and themes. I especially appreciate how it delves into the characters' complexities and the intertwining of their lives. It definitely makes me curious to read the book and explore these aspects further.
Renol Lavember
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Renol Lavember »

The book is about law and order, it also talks about equality, justice, and love, so it is going to be an interesting read. The review states that the author is a nice storyteller, and the character development is very detailed, so I definitely want to try this one

Return to “Historical Fiction”