Review of A Court at Constantinople

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Re: Review of A Court at Constantinople

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

The plot sounds intriguing, and the setting—a past without technology—will make for an informative and educational story. I hope that James and Mehmed remain allies and don't become opposition to each other. I'm keen to find out what happens. Your review sells it extremely well, and I'm happily adding it to my reading list.
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Parabolic Magnetic Key by Nicholas Wudtke

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Anthony Bye's A Court at Constantinople takes the readers back to the century when 1859 was the turn of events. The place is Constantinople, the fireplace where the Ottoman and British empires collide. The plot hinges on a triad of people who are all swept up in the turmoil.
Oladele Sebastian Cyrenius
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sebastian-oladele.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Oladele Sebastian Cyrenius »

Dear Precious,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and detailed review of "A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth. We're thrilled to hear that you found the historical setting immersive and the character development engaging. It's always fantastic to hear when a reader connects deeply with the world and characters an author has created.

Your feedback on the pacing and plot intricacies is incredibly valuable to us. We're constantly striving to improve and create the best possible reading experience for our customers, so your comments will be taken into consideration for future selections.

We're delighted that you enjoyed the book and we hope it left you with a sense of intrigue and wonder about the historical period it portrays. Thank you once again for your review and for choosing to read "A Court at Constantinople." We look forward to your next visit to our store and to hearing your thoughts on our future releases.

Warm regards.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to find out how James, and Mehmed will address the seemingly crooked politics at Constantinople and how the relationship of James with a troublesome Rosamund will pan out when their values conflict.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

To know an exemplary lawyer, is one that ensures that the law is preserved, just like James Bingham in this book. Thanks for an interesting review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

It was easy to defend someone, before but now that the hearts of the people have become more wicked, it's hard because you may be fighting for someone over the years only to realize one day that they don't deserve it. That's why I can't really vouch for anyone these days.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

Wow, this book seems very impressive. Blending a lot of elements together to have everything flow is good work. Thanks for the review
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"A Court at Constantinople" delves into the complexities of justice, law, and love amidst cultural clashes. With a perfect rating and compelling storytelling, it's a riveting exploration of human rights and relationships.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. Loved the diverse themes that the author is covering in this book. Can't wait to read this amazing book. This is a crime fiction.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

The author's ability to explore multiple topics and complex issues seamlessly while maintaining a gripping narrative is impressive. Books focused on law aren't typically my cup of tea. But I'm sure this one will interest legal thriller fans. Thank you for a great review.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

"A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth delivers a captivating blend of law, justice, and human complexities in an engaging narrative. Earth's masterful storytelling effortlessly weaves together intricate themes and characters, leaving readers eagerly turning pages until the very end.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 557
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

In this story, the portrayal of different characters intertwined with their struggle to implement law and justice seems intriguing.
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Thanks for your wonderful review about "Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth it's Short and very simple, to understand how the book can walk It readers through the authors career. Congratulations on your BOTD
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

The book follows James Bingham, an English lawyer, as he takes on a new job in Constantinople, where he becomes entangled with a troublesome woman named Rosamund and works alongside Judge Edmund to uphold law and order. Mehmed, another clerk, learns about the complexities of law and justice as he navigates his role in implementing English policies in Turkey, leading to interconnected lives and a quest for justice in a twist of events.
Jenn Seguinte Deguzman
Currently Reading: The Mango Bride
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-deguzman.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Jenn Seguinte Deguzman »

When I saw the title, I thought it was about the royalty court under Constantinople. Now looking at your review, it is more about law, human rights, justice, etc. Based on your review, it does sound interesting to read. I normally like historical fiction and it may be something I could add to my bookshelf to read.

Return to “Historical Fiction”