Review of A Court at Constantinople

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Re: Review of A Court at Constantinople

Post by Dalia Chf »

This is the story about James, a lawyer who’s also a husband who’s trying to juggle justice, law, his love life and the fact that he feels lonely. Sounds like a gripping read, and I love that the author keeps the realer always on high alert, thanks for highlighting that in your review!
Sheen Jenny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Sheen Jenny »

I was impressed by the depth of exploration into complex issues such as human rights and abuse within the confines of a legal drama. Earth's ability to navigate these sensitive topics with sensitivity and nuance is commendable.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

The intricate weaving of justice, law, and love in "A Court at Constantinople" is indeed commendable. Anthony Earth's adept storytelling and exploration of profound themes elevate this work to literary excellence. I appreciate how the author seamlessly blends various concepts while keeping the narrative engaging and the characters well-developed. Your insightful review has piqued my interest in this book, and I look forward to delving into its intricacies.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: In Lieu of Flowers by Keith Steinbaum
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 9%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

A Court at Constantinople by Anthony Earth features themes of justice, law, equality, human rights, abuse, and love. If you are interested in these aspects, the book will be a great read.
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Why Are We Here? by Naveed Bari

Post by Mayang Bature »

I like the way this story shows how law and justice could fall along the grey lines in some cases. This consideration is something that many readers would relate to. Congrats on botd!!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Amos Osinya »

Am excited and would love it to read this book and learn more about law related novels as it will be my first book related to law.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

This seems like a great story to learn about the law. It is interesting to know how British Law was applied in Ottoman Turkey. This 5 out of 5 star book must be added to my bookshelves. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 216
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Deborah Belanger »

Thank you for your detailed review on "A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth. In just over 300 pages the story talks about justice, law, equality, human rights, abuse, and love. The author was able to explore all these topics deeply, and the diction was also encouraging as it set the tone for the story's setting. Between you review and the sample from Amazon I have decided to read this book and have put it on my shelf to read. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

I find this crime fiction very appealing. James is a lawyer seeking law and justice: Will his efforts pay off? Will justice and order prevail?
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Earth follows James Bingham, an English lawyer, in his new role in Turkey. Amidst legal complexities and personal entanglements with Rosamund, James collaborates with Judge Edmund and Mehmed to navigate the intricacies of justice. Earth's seamless storytelling and thematic depth earn this novel a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

I found myself utterly captivated by the sample of "A Court at Constantinople" by Anthony Eardley. The vivid descriptions and engaging narrative style drew me in, transporting me to the heart of historical Constantinople.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Anu Anand »

This book sounds like a captivating journey through themes of justice, law, and love. The intricate plot and well-developed characters promise an engaging read. I'm curious to see how their paths intertwine and how they navigate the complexities of justice and love in a foreign land. Congrats on BOTD!
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your wonderful review. After reading it and your great description of what was going on, I decided to add it to my list of books to read. Just sampling a book doesn't always do it justice. It's marvelous that a book of 300 pages was edited so well. I'm curious to know why it was so important for James to go to Constantinople. I guess I'll find out when I read the book.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

This political fiction book set in 1859 allows the reader to experience the time period when the British and Ottoman empires were in conflict. A young lady named Rosamond, a barrister named James, and a law student named Osman work to find justice and love amidst a shocking trial. Thank you for the informative book review.
Emily Hong
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emily Hong »

Your review was a very intriguing piece of a very elaborate writing. I have only read the first chapter so far however, your review inspired me to pick up a book I would usually not read as my taste for historical settings isn’t the strongest. Your main points of information relating to the plot and setting are very accurate without spoiling anything. Thank you again!

Return to “Historical Fiction”