Review of Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935" by A. C. Holmes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An enigma refers to something or someone that is perplexing, enigmatic, or challenging to comprehend. Shelby Morrow, the protagonist of this book, is a bit of a mystery. Her life was filled with unique and enigmatic events, from her youth to maturity. The first volume of Shelby Morrow's journal from 1929 to 1935 is published in the book. The journals contain Shelby Morrow's valuable reflections as she takes readers through her life.

Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929–1935: Book One by A. C. Holmes is a compelling tale presented in the form of a journal chronicling the experiences of Shelby, a young lady born into wealth who faced numerous challenges. Despite her privileged background, Shelby was plagued by an abusive brother named Quentin Jr. and a mother with a mental illness, while her father also struggled emotionally. One day, after suffering an injury at the hands of her brother, Shelby slipped into a coma and was later taken in by her aunt. As the story unfolds, Shelby moves in with Monsieur Verrault, the father of her friend, who becomes increasingly possessive of her. Eventually, Shelby falls in love with Martin, but her future remains uncertain. Did she truly find happiness in her relationship? What happened to her at the end of the story? Get the book to learn more.

This book is a captivating read that ignites the reader's imagination, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in Shelby's life. The author skillfully weaves together Shelby's experiences, painting a vivid picture of a quiet and fragile individual who found joy in simple pleasures, such as caring for underprivileged children, reading books, and documenting her life through journaling. Despite facing a series of misfortunes, Shelby's resilience and determination enabled her to find happiness in the face of adversity. Despite her privileged upbringing, Shelby remained grounded and compassionate, never using her resources to exploit those less fortunate or support those who did. As a reader, I eagerly anticipate the next installment in this captivating series.

Shelby is my favorite character because of how she handles the problems she faces. She never lets any of them alter her true self. The author expertly combines suspense and action. I was in tears as I followed this little girl's story.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. It taught me a lot of things, one of which is that I should never let life's obstacles influence my good behavior or how I treat people. I want to express my gratitude to the author for making this book available for everyone to read and learn from. I'll also praise the editor for a job well done because the book is flawlessly edited and contains no errors.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it has improved my understanding of how to deal with life's obstacles. I recommend this book to everyone, especially those who enjoy mysteries and historical novels. 

Shelby Morrow - Journals, 1929-1935
View: on Bookshelves
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

The plotline is a very intriguing one. A characters journey in the form of a journal is a good attempt to ensure continuity. Will definitely read this one.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

That's quite fascinating review. To find happiness amidst all the suffering and to keep yourself and your soul as they are is a difficult thing, but it is not impossible. I loved your description of Shelby's personality. I really like to read this book.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.

Return to “Historical Fiction”