Review of Aldek's Bestiary

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review of Aldek's Bestiary

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Aldek's Bestiary" by Romuald Roman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Aldek's Bestiary by Romuald Roman is a delightful read that will transport readers to another time and place. The book is a historical fiction that tells the story of Aldek, a Polish immigrant who moves to the US with his family. The author does an excellent job of weaving Aldek's personal experiences with historical events, creating a rich and immersive reading experience.

While the book is centered around dogs, particularly the story of how Aldek and his sons got their dog Roxy despite his wife's objections. The author and his sons go on an adventure to find the perfect dog, which results in a heartwarming tale of family bonding and the joy that pets can bring. It also includes many stories about other animals that add a lovely touch to the book. Aldek's love for animals shines through in his stories, and readers will find themselves feeling sorry for injured animals and rejoicing in their recovery.

One of the highlights of the book is the way the author takes readers back and forth in time, giving readers a glimpse into Alderk's childhood and his experiences with his mother and controlling grandmother. My favorite part of the book was Aldek's experience with a weasel, where he courageously released the tortured animal and ended up getting bitten himself. This incident shows Aldek's deep empathy towards animals and his willingness to go out of his way to help them. The story is heartwarming and highlights the dangers that come with showing compassion for animals.

Although the book has some sad moments, such as the death of Aldek's mother after their move to the US, it is filled with humorous and enjoyable tales that will leave readers with a smile on their faces. The writing is engaging and flows well, making it easy to lose oneself in the book's pages.

The book is exceptionally well-edited, and I found no errors in my reading. The author's attention to detail and dedication to getting everything right is evident throughout the book, making it a joy to read. It has no negative aspects and deserves five out of five stars.

In conclusion, Aldek's Bestiary is an excellent book that I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys historical fiction, stories about animals, or just a good read. It is a five-star book that is both heartwarming and inspiring, and readers will come away feeling both entertained and enriched by the experience.

Aldek's Bestiary
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
TrishaCleve
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishacleve.html
Latest Review: Shadows by William Stephen Edwards

Post by TrishaCleve »

I like historical fiction AND I am a ShelterDog Mommie; It looks like this one will go on my Bookshelves. Thank you for the descriptive review. :tiphat:
:techie-reference:
Trisha Lee
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

Historical fiction are a tough nut to crack. It constantly divides the audience on the account of the world it has been set in. Thank you for describing the book in detail.

Return to “Historical Fiction”