Review of Heather

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Hesterville Bible Trial by Yaakov Yosef Reinman

Re: Review of Heather

Post by Veronica Hunter »

This book resonated with me deeply; the author, Steven A. Yagyagan, skillfully portrays the complexities of life through Heather's story, making us question the unfairness of circumstances and the resilience of the human spirit.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Steven A. Yagyagan beautifully captures the resilience of the human spirit in 'Heather: Tuu Maia Lou Lima Give Me Your Hand.' Heather's story is a testament to the strength one can possess even in the face of adversity. The author's portrayal is both heart-wrenching and inspiring.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

Heather's journey, as portrayed in "Heather: Tuu Maia Lou Lima Give Me Your Hand" by Steven A. Yagyagan, serves as a poignant reminder that life's challenges can be incredibly harsh. The questioning of whether misfortune stems from personal sins or the legacy of one's parents is a universal contemplation. The narrative, unfolding in American Samoa, sheds light on Heather's early life marred by abuse. Despite the cruelty inflicted upon her by those she considered family, Heather's ability to maintain a kind, pure, and loving heart is truly remarkable. The book not only exposes the harsh realities of child abuse but also emphasizes the resilience of the human spirit, leaving readers inspired by Heather's strength. Nice review.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

This book about Heather's life sounds really moving. I'm intrigued by how she faced tough circumstances with kindness and love. The short sentences at the end of each chapter seem interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book!
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for the informational review. I'm glad you liked the book. I will have to think whether I want to read it or not. I'm glad that she became so strong, but the sadness of the book might be too much for me right now. I'm glad she was able to forgive those that hurt her. They say that to forgive is for yourself, not others.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

Furthermore, I liked how Heather's siblings JJ and Clarice loved her and reminded her they were always there for her, and also how her elder brother Rudy stood up for and defended her.
- Having siblings like this is so wonderful, especially when she received maltreatment from the rest of the people whom she looked up to as family. Thank you for an amazing review.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

A story that not only tackles child abuse but goes a step further to show the light at the end of the tunnel and show readers the kind of lady Heather, despite passing through all these went on to become. Intriguing read. Congrats on #BOTD
Omolara Babatunde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Omolara Babatunde »

I had found my self severally in Heather's shoes,asking myself numerous questions if all the hardships I have been facing is due to my sins or that of my parents.I learnt a lot from the story of Heather,how she faced the calamities and still came out strong is something that needs to be studied
Somtochukwu O Ezeme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somtochukwu-o-ezeme.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Somtochukwu O Ezeme »

We must know that the circumstances around us must not change us negatively; we must take charge of them, learn from them, and lead a good life through them. The book will teach you more about child training.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by the terrible things that Heather experienced. I am intrigued by how Heather was able to have a kind, pure, and loving heart despite the circumstances and terrible conditions she faced. I am interested in learning how strong a lady she grew up to be despite her struggles and maltreatment.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

Heather is a touching story with incredible lessons that we can learn from. It takes a lot to be kind and compassionate when you have gone through so much hurt, especially from family. Thank you for the review.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt and insightful review of "Heather: Tuu Maia Lou Lima Give Me Your Hand" by Steven A. Yagyagan. Your emotional response to the narrative is palpable, and it's clear that the story deeply touched you.

It's truly disheartening to read about the difficult circumstances Heather had to endure at such a young age, facing abuse and maltreatment from those she considered family. Your empathy and sincere wish to help her reflect the emotional impact of the book. The exploration of the theme of questioning why bad things happen, whether due to personal sins or those of parents, adds a layer of introspection that many readers may find relatable.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Effie Cherotich »

This book follows the life of Heather who endured child abuse but luckily, she overcame her traumas when she grew up.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Heather by Steven A. Yagyagan is a book which deals with the ordeals of child abuse. Heather has grown up to be a strong, loving and caring lady. She has faced difficult circumstances in her life that didn't stop her from becoming the woman she is now. She is supported by her siblings and cousins. This book is a hope to those who are facing physical abuse and are facing the trauma in their everyday life. Congrats on BOTD.
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Mayang Bature »

Heather had a kind heart despite all the hardship she faced. I believe it had a role to play as she showed love towards those who hurt her. Her kindness and resolve must have been what allowed her pass through all the rough times.
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.

Return to “Historical Fiction”