Review of Heather

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review of Heather

Post by mytkreadingreview »

Sometime many of us we do fight to earn respect but unfortunately never knew that respect or dignity you earn it because of your good job you do to other people. Here the only thing hat the most is that we do these things in our life times but never think for our kids because sometimes, consequences of our bad actions come to haunt them in the near feature. Here we have Heather a young child who grew up in abusive relationship from those who she was hoping they will be the one who can protect her against the enemies but they were the one who broke her heart into pieces, the question is is't because of her parents behavior in their lifetime or not, that makes her life miserable or it's just vicious life that they are giving her
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Heather" by Steven A. Yagyagan details the life of Heather and the traumatic experience caused by people she loved. This is a good read for any child going through abuse. Thanks for the review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 654
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Heather” by Steven A. Yagyagan is a story about child abuse. The author states that sometimes we ask God why bad things happen to us and wonders if it is a result of our sins or the sins of our parents. Heather was born in American Samoa and suffered child abuse by people that she respected because they were family. Amazingly, Heather survived and she grew up with a loving heart. A well-written book that should be read by all members. Very good review.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 557
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The life of Heather and the circumstances she had to undergo narrated in this book seem shocking, but the element of compassion dominates her character and helps her in her struggles.
Hasani Piyumika Perera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Alpha Buddies Land
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasani-piyumika-perera.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Hasani Piyumika Perera »

Heather's journey in 'Tuu Maia Lou Lima Give Me Your Hand' reveals life's harsh twists. Despite adversity, her kind heart prevails, exposing familial betrayal in American Samoa. A poignant tale pondering life's weight.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Atieno Magero »

Heather highlights child abuse and abuse in general. I like that despite everything she goes through, Heather grows up to be a strong woman with a kind and loving heart. I look forward to reading this book. Congrats on making botd!
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

Heather

I enjoyed this read because self awareness is very present. As a child or children born into families that have karma that hasn’t been overturned, the children have to live through it. As children we don’t always understand why our lives can be hard or even stressful, but in the book Heather it helps us understand why.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

It sounds like this is quite confronting reading. You mention that you felt sad and heartbroken during the story. Child abuse is awful, and I applaud Heather for allowing her story to be told in this way. The copy I downloaded from Amazon has loads of formatting issues, which makes it quite difficult to read as well. I may park this one for now. Thanks for the positive review.
Preethi Rao 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preethi-rao-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Preethi Rao 1 »

Truly, such an amazing and honest review of a book based on an important and a subject that we need to speak more about.
The more stories we read about these topics, the more aware we become and that's how we end up educating the society.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nancy004 »

Heather: Tuu Maia Lou Lima Give Me Your Hand," Steven A. Yagyagan paints a heartbreaking yet inspiring tale of resilience. Heather's journey through child abuse unfolds, revealing her remarkable strength and capacity for love despite harsh circumstances.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

What Heather had to endure is a true testimony of the greatness that comes from inner strength. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I'm glad that is the book’s focus. Thank you for writing such an enticing review!
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

I found it interesting that the book talks about Samoan culture. Thank you for your review!
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

A story of child abuse, survival, and hope for the future, written by Steven A. Yagyagan. I look forward to reading about Heather’s perseverance and resilience. Great review!
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thank you for the review. It is sad that Heather had to go through abuse since her childhood. However, I think her story may be inspirational especially where she learned to forgive those who hurt her, and continued on with her life without a bitter heart. Hers is a story definitely worth reading.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Evergreen by Sharon Elliott

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Betrayed by those who were supposed to protect her, Heather was abused as a child. Still, she found the strength to share maintain her loving heart and share it with others. This is a story about survival, told by two generations.

Return to “Historical Fiction”