Review of The Anunnaki

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Review of The Anunnaki

Post by CrossK »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Anunnaki" by Andrew David Doyle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kemp Hastings, Erica, and Darlene went to Egypt for an excavation campaign in a tomb. They find ancient artifacts that point to the legend of Anunnaki. They are forced by state authorities to stop their excavation. They join a research team in Antarctica where some strange happenings allude to the presence of aliens. In Antarctica, they learn of an underground world, Habitat One, that houses Anunnaki, which has been asleep for thousands of years. While Kemp tries to understand the legend, the Earth is at risk of destruction by the Draco beings.

The Anunnaki: The Legend of the ANKH by Andrew David Doyle tries to demystify the long-standing legend of Anunnaki and provide answers to questions that have existed for thousands of years. There are positive aspects to this book. The book has a lot of suspense, mystery, and intrigue. So much fascination is created around the truth behind the Ankh and Anunnaki. There are divergent perspectives and rumors about what it could be and its significance.

The book is also culturally rich. The author, through conscious efforts, traces the history and origin of Anunnaki. They came from Nibiru and had to create a workforce to mine gold deposits. This led to their interaction with humans. For decades, they had stayed hidden while waiting for their destined time to awaken. The book succinctly describes the efforts they made in concealing their identity. One such effort is the life-enhancing biosphere established in Antarctica.

I loved how the book made me question everything I thought I knew. I would never have imagined establishing a link between the Holocaust and the possibility of aliens causing it. It was ingenious that the author could relate his story to historical and biblical events. The last chapter was easily my favorite because it had a lot of actions in it. It is safe to say the author reserved the best for the last.

Sadly, there are negative aspects to this book as well. The book was not professionally edited. It had a lot of errors that could easily have been detected. The sentences were long, complex, and could go on for several lines. This interfered with my reading and understanding. Shorter and simpler sentences would have been much appreciated. The book was challenging for me to digest and understand. It had foreign theories, names, and a lot of strange events going on.

The author was not able to tell his story in a clear, simple, and comprehensible manner. For instance, I could not understand why the council of five would lie about Lilth's true nature and how Admiral Byrd's story and the Ark of Covenant story were relevant to the plot. It requires patience and a lot of backtracking to get the hang of this story. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because of the above reasons. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction, as well as lovers of ancient mythologies and legends.

The Anunnaki
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Historical Fiction”