Review of The Silver Setup

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omobolanle Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Review of The Silver Setup

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Silver Setup" by Richard Blaine.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Michael Garrett, a private investigator based in Los Angeles, becomes involved in a case to locate Charles Stevens, who has been missing for two days, thanks to his friend, Edward Rawls, who referred him to Lenore Stevens in Lancaster. Undeterred by obstacles such as Lieutenant Wells, who tries to persuade him to leave town for his own safety, Garrett tenaciously pursues the truth behind Charles' disappearance and the motive behind his possible murder. Join Garrett on this gripping journey by acquiring a copy of this book; the outcome will leave you utterly astonished.

One aspect that greatly appeals to me about this book is its focused cast of characters. Each character is meticulously developed, allowing readers to become fully invested in their journeys without feeling overwhelmed or confused. The author skillfully crafts individuals who evoke a wide range of emotions, ensuring a dynamic reading experience. Personally, I found myself rooting for Mr. Garrett's safety as he fearlessly delved deeper into the case. Garrett's character exudes a delightful blend of sarcasm and humor, making him highly relatable and endearing. He possesses an adeptness at extracting information from people and a directness that wastes no time.

The narrative was told from Garrett's perspective, affording readers a firsthand glimpse into his astuteness and attention to detail. The book is concise and devoid of unnecessary information, which greatly enhanced my enjoyment. The writing style adheres to a standard format, and the plot remains grounded and relatable. The suspense throughout the story is palpable, and the vivid descriptions of scenes and actions further intensified my reading experience. It is fast-paced and gripping. Intertwined within the pages are recurring messages about the importance of trust: exercising caution when trusting others ultimately minimizes potential headaches.

In my assessment, there is absolutely nothing to dislike about this novel. It is compact, engaging, and highly relatable. The story concludes satisfactorily, leaving no loose ends. Based on the aforementioned reasons, I wholeheartedly rate this book five out of five stars. Although I did encounter a few errors, they were insufficient to diminish my overall rating.

For enthusiasts of crime thriller novels, I highly recommend Richard Blaine's The Silver Setup. Its compelling narrative and well-crafted characters will undoubtedly captivate readers, guaranteeing an enjoyable experience from start to finish.

The Silver Setup
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

This is criminal story why started with mising Charls. Detectiv Gerett is a intelligence and good on his jobs. When you read a novels yuo faun a mistery on start to the end. This story is very interesting for people why like a criminal detective novels. Case why give to detectis is a very difficult, but he resolve sicret and mistery this case.
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

The work of an investigator always requires critical thinking as it works with possibilities. Great review.
Jude Michael Uchechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jude Michael Uchechukwu »

Well, I don't know if I might be able to read such book because I know somehow, it will be full of suspense, tradegy, and secret since it involves crimes and investigation.... Betrayal will also be there and from the look of the review, is a book of not knowing the right person to trust, and I must confess, I am emotional when reading such kind of books,, but I must say, for the fact that it is adventure like, I might give it a try in the future.

Return to “Historical Fiction”