Review of Justin's Quest

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Justin's Quest

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Justin's Quest" by Winsome Board.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Justin’s Quest by Winsome Board is all about Justin’s life adventures. Justin, who is a quarter-caste Aborigine, found himself treading on different parts. In this book, Justin starts outlining his life experiences through his writing. Justin had gone to Mataranka with a different name entirely. On arrival, he became a “cook at Merinda Downs''. While working at the station, Justin appeals to a wide range of people at the station. He became likable to everyone. His stay at the Merinda Downs will enable him to learn a lot from the station as he also explores more and makes known his talent to all. Every moment spent at the station exposed Justin to the life and secrets of the family at Merinda Downs.

One interesting thing about this book is that most scenes of the book describe the Aborigines. As the plot developed, the Aborigines' nature, characters, and sentiments became more distinct in this book, which I found really thrilling. Also, Justin kept on finding himself in the direction of his passions. In Darwin, where there was a large amount of art is the part that describes this. These might inspire him to hold exhibitions of his artwork.

I love the fact that this book explores every detail of Justin’s experiences and activities while working at the station. The likes of Mrs. Hayes, Wunda and Annabel, and the others made his stay at the station a lively and beautiful one, which is one of my favorite parts of this book.

This book sends a positive message to its audience. It’s only those with high self-esteem that would write about themselves, exposing their privacies. Justin happens to have a lovely and sweet aura. One would wonder what the personality of a cook, an artist, and a writer would be. Well, if you want to find out, you could read this book and enjoy Justin’s adventures in Merinda Downs and in Darwin.

I found nothing negative about this book. I only discovered a few errors, which didn’t disrupt my reading. It was professionally edited and well-written. Justin’s Quest by Winsome Board deserves a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars because I consider it flawless.

However, I will recommend this book to lovers of good literature and adventure stories.

Justin's Quest
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The feedback on the review for "Justin's Quest" is overwhelmingly positive. The reviewer highlights the intriguing aspects of the book, including Justin's diverse experiences and interactions with people at Merinda Downs. They appreciate the focus on the Aborigines' nature, characters, and sentiments, finding it thrilling and distinct. The reviewer also mentions Justin's pursuit of his passions, particularly in the art-rich environment of Darwin. They love how the book explores the details of Justin's experiences, mentioning the lively and beautiful moments created by characters like Mrs. Hayes, Wunda, and Annabel. The positive message of self-esteem and self-expression conveyed by the book is commended. The reviewer notes only a few minor errors, but they do not detract from the reading experience. They consider the book professionally edited and well-written, deserving a flawless rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Humayun1984
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Humayun1984 »

very amazing writer , I have read and reviewed the first book , I am sure I will enjoy this second book.
Zine Maliwa 1
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zine-maliwa-1.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Zine Maliwa 1 »

Justine thank you so much for the meaningful and positive review about the book. You gave everyone an idea of what the book is about, even you didn't read the book but your review give us more of it and we will definitely buy the book and go through it. Thank you so much.
Zine Maliwa 1

Post by Zine Maliwa 1 »

Justine thank you so much for the meaningful and positive review about the book. You gave everyone an idea of what the book is about, even you didn't read the book but your review give us more of it and we will definitely buy the book and go through it. Thank you so much.
Zine Maliwa 1

Post by Zine Maliwa 1 »

I can't wait for more reviews.

Return to “Historical Fiction”