Review of Till I Bleed No More

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Lyons Den
Bookshelf Size: 782
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: The Mighty Esox by G. Edward Martin

Review of Till I Bleed No More

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Till I Bleed No More" by Alexander Ellis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After an English woman and her crew defeated the pirates in 1728, Casper and Fletch found themselves the only survivors on Twin-Leaf Island. Food and water were scarce, but they had the maps that Casper had promised Captain Maroo that he would save. Casper vows to avenge the deaths of his captain and crew members. Women running from colonial injustice on a ship called Serpent come to the island, and Casper and Fletch hope they have been rescued. However, the Serpent leaves while they are asleep, taking away their hope for rescue and survival on this uninhabited island. Read Till I Bleed No More by Alexander Ellis to discover if Casper and Fletch survive, the significance of the two maps, and if Casper successfully gets his revenge against the English woman.

Alexander Ellis has done an excellent job telling this story from Casper’s point of view. While reading this book, it was easy to visualize the sandy beaches, the jungles, the humongous boa constrictors, crabs, eels, jumping dolphins, and violent fights. The feelings of hopelessness, isolation, and fear were the prominent emotions in this book. I commend the author for including female pirates in this story. One of the most thought-provoking ideas in this book is whether survival has any value if you have no choices afterward. The importance of working together instead of fighting is stressed throughout this book.

This book has a lot of gory violence, and slavery plays a role, but both are appropriate for a pirate book. Most pirates I have ever read about fought and kept captives as slaves. Besides the lack of professional editing, I found nothing else to dislike about this book.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars due to the lack of professional editing. This book would deserve a perfect score if it were professionally edited. Overall, reading this enjoyable and action-packed pirate story was a positive experience.

Anyone who enjoys a good adventure-packed historical-fiction story about pirates should grab a copy of this book. You should avoid this book if errors, profanity, or gory content offend you.

Till I Bleed No More
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Ezra Dapaah
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezra-dapaah.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ezra Dapaah »

This book "till I bleed no more" surely would have mind blowing and inspiring lessons in it because the reviewer made a very crucial statements "The importance of working together instead of fighting is stressed throughout this book" and am sure it would very interesting book. There I recommend it too.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

The title of this book captivated my attention. I guess it'll be a type of book will make one surmount over life trails.
I love your review. Well detailed.

Return to “Historical Fiction”