Review of Asunder

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Review of Asunder

Post by Tosin Le »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Asunder" by Janet Sierzant.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Asunder: Forgotten Love by Janet Sierzant, I was taken on a gripping journey through the turmoil of World War II, following the love and struggles of Domenico and Antoinette, a young Italian couple from different backgrounds. Set against the backdrop of war, the book vividly portrays their unwavering love and the challenges they faced as they fought for their family's survival. Antoinette and Domenico's marital bliss in Milan gradually started coming to a halt after they discovered that their sons were on the verge of being forcefully taken to a military camp to be trained for some reason. It was at this point that Domenico decided to send his wife and children to Florence for safety. Things turned around, and Florence was targeted for an attack by the opponents. Domenico must go and rescue his wife and sons before it becomes too late. Would they be able to make it out alive in the end? Read this book to find out.

This book captivated me with its intense portrayal of the war's impact on Domenico and Antoinette's love story. The author skillfully weaved historical events into the narrative, making the setting come alive. The twins' birth brought a sense of hope and joy, which made the subsequent challenges and separation even more heartbreaking. I was emotionally invested in the characters and their journey, which kept me turning the pages. The book is a powerful tale of love, sacrifice, and courage during a tumultuous period in history. The author's attention to detail and her ability to evoke genuine emotions endeared me more to the story.

Furthermore, I love how Antoinette admired how brave her partner was. Indeed, Domenico's bravery was evident in the way he put measures in place to ensure that his family members were safe. The parting words between him and his wife before she and her sons left for Florence made me emotional. I became amazed at how beautiful their love story must have been. The love they had for their children was genuine, and they were willing to risk it all for them.

I must admit, I didn't find anything to dislike in this book. The protagonist's determination and courage in joining the Resistance to protect his family add depth to the plot. The narrative was well-paced, allowing me to immerse myself fully in the story without any distractions. I must commend the exceptional editing work in this book. Not a single error distracted me from the story, making the reading experience seamless. I give "Asunder: Forgotten Love" five out of five stars for its gripping plot, well-developed characters, and impeccable editing.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to readers who enjoy historical fiction with strong emotional depth. Anyone fascinated by stories of love and resilience amidst challenging times will also find this book truly captivating because the author's masterful storytelling will leave a lasting impression on their hearts.

Asunder
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

This is unique. I like this review, it's well detailed.

Return to “Historical Fiction”