Review of Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @sanjeev maurya, I just read your comments on the official review of "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" and I was impressed with your synopsis and it looks like you must have been an English major or you are currently an English teacher. Brought back memories of college. Thank you. @Mrlefty07056
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Naushin Moledina, I just read your comments on the official review of "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" and I agree with you. This is an interesting story told in a poetic format. I wonder if the first two books are written the same way. Very good synopsis. @Mrlefty0706
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres because I love to read about people's experiences and lives during a different time. I would like to read about Elias' dilemma about wanting a wife who met the standards he had. And I like that there's references to other works in the book such as the story of David and Beersheba. It would be interesting to see how the the author wove it into his own work. Despite it being the third installment in the series, it seems like it's interesting enough to follow. And if it's not easy to follow, I'd like to read the two books before this one in the Camelot Chronicles. Congratulations on BOTD.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. Those who love reading ballads and narrative poetry will prefer this book. This is the third book in a series of novel. Although the reviewer has mentioned the negatives she has also highlighted positive aspects of the book.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

Thank you for the insightful review. 'Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight' from the Amazon sample that I read, unfolds with King Elias, who, having earned the devotion of his swordsmen by defeating any opposing troops that dare come their way, now has to find a woman who will become his wife and queen. Congrats on #BOTD.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray is the third book in the "Camelot Chronicles." In this book, King Elias, having won many battles for his kingdom, is expected to find a woman who would be his wife and queen. I'd recommend that interested readers check out the first two books also because it sounds like a lot has already happened. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You by kewayne Wadley
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing your insights into "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray. It sounds like a richly crafted narrative, filled with literary devices that add depth and flavor to the storytelling. Your observation about the transitions between stories is valuable feedback. Despite this, your five-star rating reflects the overall quality of the book, highlighting its merits and engaging narrative style. Your recommendation makes it clear that this book will appeal to fans of narrative poetry and ballads.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight seems like an interesting book. The book has a great storyline and it's also well written. I like that the author uses alliteration and rhyme in the story. Congratulations on making botd!
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray sounds like an intriguing addition to the "Camelot Chronicles" series! 📖 It's impressive to hear about the author's skillful use of literary devices like allegory, alliteration, and rhyme schemes, which undoubtedly enhance the storytelling experience. However, I can understand how quick transitions between stories might lead to some confusion for readers. Despite this, your five-star rating speaks volumes about the overall quality of the book, and it's great to hear that there were no errors. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—I'll definitely be adding this unique narrative poetry book to my reading list!
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

As a prospective reader, this review offers a nuanced perspective on "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray, the third installment in the "Camelot Chronicles" series. The narrative centers around King Elias's quest to find a suitable wife and queen, intertwined with various stories of Camelot. You highlights the author's skillful use of literary devices, such as allegory, alliteration, and rhyming patterns, which enhance the storytelling experience. These elements contribute to the richness of the narrative and add depth to the characters and themes explored throughout the book. Congrats on BOTD.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

Whom will King Elias choose for a wife and the queen of the Kingdom? Congrats on the author!
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Robert Murray's "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" is an engrossing story that skillfully combines romance, adventure, and fantasy themes. The novel, which takes place in a vividly conceived mediaeval setting, follows a young knight named Sir Roland as he makes his way through the complexities of honour, duty, and love. Murray's evocative writing vividly depicts the world, drawing readers into both heartfelt moments and titanic battles. Each of the compelling and well-developed characters has their own goals and challenges. For lovers of epic fantasy, "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" is a must-read because of its captivating narrative and striking images.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

It's been a long while since I read an anthology. This sounds like a good one starting with the story of king Elias. Thanks for the review.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book masterfully weaves together the tales of Camelot in the third installment of the "Camelot Chronicles" series. The author's adept use of literary devices, such as allegory, alliteration, and rhyming patterns, adds depth and richness to the narrative, making it a captivating read for fans of narrative poetry. Nice review.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

Your honesty about the transition issues adds credibility to your review. It's refreshing to see a balanced perspective that acknowledges both strengths and weaknesses.

Return to “Historical Fiction”