Review of Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Re: Review of Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

This book seems like it was well thought through and invested in with rhyme schemes and other literary devices used intentionally. I love that a whole book in an otherwise series about knights is dedicated to King Elias finding a wife.
Omobolanle Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I love how detailed your review is, especially the analysis of literary devices like allegory, alliteration, and rhyming patterns. It shows a deep appreciation for the author's craftsmanship.
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray is a top-rated historical fiction, praised for its seamless narrative poetry and captivating plot. If you love compelling ballads, don't miss this discounted gem!
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Murray turns the Camelot that we know into something new by introducing new elements that change the court's intrigues and threaten the world outside. Congrats on #BOTD!
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

The fact that King Elias had earned respect and obedience from his swordsmen for defeating any troop that seemed to oppose them means he must have been not only a great leader but also a confident and courageous one.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3050
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The book sounds fascinating, and I am glad the author employed various literary devices, making the story interesting to read. Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight by Robert Murray is a must-read and I cannot wait to see how King Elias settled on one who would become his wife between the two. Many thanks for this incredible, informative review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ajain12 »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray skillfully weaves literary devices into its narrative poetry. While transitions may be abrupt, the engaging stories of Camelot warrant a five-star rating. Recommended for poetry enthusiasts.
Javeria Abu Sufyan
Currently Reading: The Half Book
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Javeria Abu Sufyan »

"Battle Ballad" by Royal Knight captures the essence of valor and heroism through its stirring melodies and poignant lyrics, evoking a sense of courage and determination amidst adversity. The song's anthemic quality resonates deeply, inspiring listeners to persevere in the face of challenges and embrace their inner strength.
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray. It's great to hear that you found the author's use of literary devices skillful and engaging. From allegories to alliteration, it seems like Murray weaves a rich tapestry of storytelling techniques throughout the book. While transitions between stories might have initially posed a challenge, it's wonderful to hear that the narrative became increasingly captivating as the book progressed. Your final rating of five stars speaks volumes about the quality of the work, highlighting its impeccable execution and immersive storytelling. With its unique narrative style and poetic flair, "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" sounds like a must-read for fans of narrative poetry and epic tales. Thanks for the insightful review!
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

As a lover of medieval war stories, I think I will really love this book. You have provided a detailed and intriguing review. Keep it up.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

I read a summary of "Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray. It's an interesting story about King Elias Pendragon who rules Camelot with Excalibur, facing challenges that can't be solved by his sword alone.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 475
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

I feel the need to look for the first and the second instalment in this "Camelot Chronicles" series. As a person who grew up hating anything poetry due to how it was taught in high school but later loved it slowly feel I should consider this series as a whole.

Talking of this third installment in the "Camelot Chronicles" series, it makes me love the book especially in how it draws inspiration from Biblical figures and using them to communicate some strong human feelings which at times border taboo. This I get from the mentioned allegory of David and Beersheba.

Thanks for this awesome review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

"The Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight" by Robert Murray, part of the "Camelot Chronicles" series, weaves intricate literary devices into its narrative. While the storytelling is engaging, the swift transitions between stories may confuse readers, requiring occasional backtracking for clarity.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by how King Elias was able to earn the unquestionable obedience and devotion of his swordsmen. I am intrigued by who between Belinda and Rosamond would King Elias marry. I am interested in learning more about the different stories of Camelot in this book.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

"Battle Ballad of the Royal Knight," the third installment in Robert Murray's acclaimed "Camelot Chronicles" series, takes readers on another epic journey. With King Elias having solidified the fealty of valiant swordsmen, he now turns his sights toward finding a worthy queen to rule by his side. Murray's deft storytelling shines through the book's unique narrative structure - a poetic ballad form that lends an air of lyrical mystique to the Arthurian tale. Blending intriguing character arcs with Murray's signature poetic prose, this entry promises an engaging read for fans of the series and lovers of mythological fantasy alike. Congratulations on being selected as Book of the Day!"

Return to “Historical Fiction”